Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PS4 "LAN cable Disconnected"

PS4 LAN cable

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,049 posts
  • Local time: 07:44 AM
  • LocationLondon, UK

Well turns out I WAS WRONG and my old router just LAN kicked me aswell

Could this be a issue with the power?

Does your router uptime get reset when you get booted?

Was just wondering if a momentary drop in power could be causing your router to spaz for a moment and then you get kicked.

Are you using a surge protector or a trailing socket (with the router / modem / PS / or all of them attached to it).

Can you try using different power outlets?

And I assume you've already tried:

a new ethernet

dust blower in the PS port

checked that everything is 'clicked' firmly into place

If none of the above then I'd guess it's a faulty port/card in the PS (it's obviously not the Netduma or the other router as it happens with both).

If it was happening to me then I would connect a laptop to the router (over ethernet) and run Ping Plotter whilst I was gaming.

When the error message appears on the PS, you should be able to narrow down where the problem is occurring a bit more from the PP graph (by whether it shows packet loss or not).

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Local time: 01:44 AM

Could this be a issue with the power?

Does your router uptime get reset when you get booted?

Was just wondering if a momentary drop in power could be causing your router to spaz for a moment and then you get kicked.

Are you using a surge protector or a trailing socket (with the router / modem / PS / or all of them attached to it).

Can you try using different power outlets?

And I assume you've already tried:

a new ethernet

dust blower in the PS port

checked that everything is 'clicked' firmly into place

If none of the above then I'd guess it's a faulty port/card in the PS (it's obviously not the Netduma or the other router as it happens with both).

If it was happening to me then I would connect a laptop to the router (over ethernet) and run Ping Plotter whilst I was gaming.

When the error message appears on the PS, you should be able to narrow down where the problem is occurring a bit more from the PP graph (by whether it shows packet loss or not).

I am online with my PC and my PS4 at the same time.  And I experience no loss of connectivity on my pc.  Its just so strange.  Like now for the past 4-5 hours I have been playing steady with NO problems on the duma...  But this morning at 6:00am when I was trying to get on I was experiencing constant disconnects for around an hour.  Happened again when I came home from work and woke the PS4 from sleep mode.  At the very least its consistent haha. 

I am going to try everything suggested over the next few days  - if you guys don't mind just leaving this thread here so that I can return to it this weekend and check back in I would appreciate it.  

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,793 posts

Please do let us know how you get on!

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

I have found an interesting development.  By disconnecting my ethernet cord from the back of the ps4 and then plugging it back in quickly (While I am getting the LAN Disconnect message) I can pretty much stop the problem from happening ever again during a single play session.  Turn on PS4 - play a bit - get error- unplug LAN - error goes away until the ps4 is left alone for too long again...  

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,793 posts

That's very interesting, thanks for letting us know, hopefully this will help others as well!

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

I am just going to go with what I got working for now - but If the problem starts happening frequently again I will reopen this thread/start a new one after I have tried some fixes like the LAN switch and new cables.

e38BimmerFN

e38BimmerFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Local time: 12:44 AM
  • LocationUSA

Seems like a LAN port/cable issue. I'd give the LAN switch between the R1 and the PS a try.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,793 posts

I am just going to go with what I got working for now - but If the problem starts happening frequently again I will reopen this thread/start a new one after I have tried some fixes like the LAN switch and new cables.

No worries at all, keep us updated.

Time Converter

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,049 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I am online with my PC and my PS4 at the same time.  And I experience no loss of connectivity on my pc.

It should be very simple to work out the where the problem is then...

Unplug the ethernet from the back of the PS4 and unplug the other ethernet from the back of the PC, and swap them over so they are plugged into the opposite device.

But DO NOT touch the other ends of the ethernet cables, they need to remain in their current ports on the Netduma.

Now, if the PC loses connectivity then you know 100% it is a problem with either the ethernet cable or the port on the Netduma (try a different port, then a different cable to work out which).

If the PS4 loses connectivity then you know 100% it is a problem with the PS4 (look for your warranty/receipt).

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS4, LAN cable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users