Lagging and being thrown into bad host lobbies

awesome , so i have tried a various amount of different settings and still no success. when i took off the ping assist it did get a lot better because when i would rub it on 40ms and drop the range to the lowest and put it in the ocean i was still getting 90ms + ping lobbies. I just recently hardwired my computer directly to the Arris sb6190 and ran a ping plotter test and discovered i do not get those crazy high ping spikes. When running the pingplotter with the computer directly to the Arris sb6190 modem the highest ping spike i got was still under 70ms. When i run the pingplotter with the netduma that is when i encounter those high ping spikes ranging from 100ms plus 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also realized when i run a ping test without the netduma so my computer directly hardwired into the Arris sb6190 the speed test shows my ping drops to 18ms and i was getting around 90 download and 12 upload. When i directly run my Netduma to my computer and run the speedtest my ping rises to 24ms and my download drops to around 35 download and 9 upload

Hi!

Since Tuesday I am also again experiencing problems with the geo-filtering. The last few times turning off the cloud and reflushing it made it working again, but not this time. Getting red bar lobbies all the time. This is the map when I am in one of those games:

YGemtat.jpg

• Administrators

Hi!

Since Tuesday I am also again experiencing problems with the geo-filtering. The last few times turning off the cloud and reflushing it made it working again, but not this time. Getting red bar lobbies all the time. This is the map when I am in one of those games:

YGemtat.jpg

What are the peer pings like?

Fraser how do i go about doing the 1 on 1 ?

Post here: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/with dates/times you're available.

I did some testing while playing PvP yesterday. The ones who were lagging where always out of my range and also marked by the exclamation mark symbol on my map. (Like the one guy in Italy in the shot of the map above.) The rest of the people were fine for the most part (ping between 15ms and 70ms), but those red bar people were dragging the lobby down to a state were most hits won't register properly - even to those who aren't lagging that bad.

More like these were from yesterday:

EecbdOs.jpg

4zqb2JV.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not posting on this topic for a while but i have pretty busy. I recently had an electrician run a direct wire with no splitters from the modem to the drop outside and had comcast set it up  and still encounter that random 150ms ping spike. The noise on the network is also taken all care of. I am not sure what else i can really do with this matter it seems like the problem can not get resolved

As Teal has shown this is what pvp has become i mean i played the other day and it played ok thats it tho ok... But its full off high pings, full of it, even with geo on i get peeps connecting outside the geo, is that due to less playing? Not sure.. But red bars just kill the lobby you feel slow, nothing connects etc... But generally can't see what can be done.

Hello Loumano31589, your lagging because there is a bug somewhere in the netduma. I love my netduma but you are paying for a great speed. Which in all honesty your sb6190 is great for. I pay for 300 down and 50 up with a sb6190 modem as well and the netduma throttles the hell out of me I did everything right as I have been a netduma user for over a year and a half its just doesn't matter I have 4 different $200 routers including the l netduma none of them have this issue. However I have been through 5 modems trying to find one that works with the netduma. The truth is none of them worked with it. Which really amazed me because my other high priced routers worked great with every modem. Trust me I have done it all I've had the router for a long time last firmware release almost 10 months ago giving me ample time to test turbo, super turbo, reactive algorithm, and the whole nine yards. However results with 300 down and 50 up speed are the same the netduma can't handle it on my Internet. So please don't let this particular router rule your network if you pay for super high speeds as this router is currently struggling to handle high speed, it is not your networks fault I have disconnected my netduma as the main router and have not had a speed problem sonce, nor have I had to think my sb6190 has problems where it doesn't. If you pay for high speeds like me then I would just use filter service till the netduma gets fixed or a new model of the netduma comes out. I love my router but this is an issue that is a problem and paying for high speeds in the 200's limits the types of modems you can use. If you don't believe me look into the forum a bit more there are many posts just like this.

• Administrators

We're testing Rise of Iron this week so we'll see if there are any improvements we can make.

You shouldn't be having a problem getting those speeds, they are very achievable through the duma. Happy to take a look in a 1 on 1 Fatal. 

• 2 weeks later...

i have my xbox getting over 50% in device prioritization and everything else is at 3% and share excess enabled. I ran the test and got normal speeds with share excess off and also again with everything reset with equal value and still getting normal wifi speeds. I am not sure why the speeds wont change i tried everything

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me why when i run speed tests through my modem itself i get 90+ down and 10+ upload but with a ping around 10-14ms but when i run a speedtest through the NetDuma hardwired i get 14-35ms ping with around 10-20 download and 10 upload. This is very aggravating and it seems to be getting worse each day using the NetDUma

Archived