Support Template

• Administrators

Hey everyone, 

I have created a support forum template that people will need to adhere to when making a support thread.

Why make a template? 

• See the entire issue at a glance
  • Saves asking you the usual questions which can delay support.
  • The more knowledge of the issue we have the faster we can help
  • Prevents threads with too little or too much information
  • By telling us the things you have tried it enables us to give better solutions

I think you'll all agree that this will improve tech support as well as keeping the forum more organised. 

If you notice anyone not adhering to the template please link them to it.

If you have any suggestions on what could be added to the template (don't want it to be too long) please do let me know.

Here is the thread. :)

Spot on Fraser just something to think about the "What speeds do you pay for"

I would suggest "What speeds do you get from multiple speed tests" 

The reason I say this is that used to pay for an up to 21mb service but living so far from the exchange I received only 6mb.

This should stream line support and we should not have as many frustrated people.

And agree with Z about the... what speeds are you getting thru speed tests and not what speeds your paying for your correct bandwidth. 

And somehow we need to get people to pay attention to what version of the firmware they are on,still being on 1.03.3 and having the router for 6 months is ridiculous.They people get upset as they can't upgrade immediately,somehow gotta get customers to pay more attention to the firmware they are currently on and make sure it's the latest as that would save support a ton of time.

I would add wireless settings if possible that users are currently using and wireless surrounding scan results for other wireless neighbors since other neighbors and channelization can impact wireless operation.

Great template though. I hope users will use it.

• Administrators

I would add wireless settings if possible that users are currently using and wireless surrounding scan results for other wireless neighbors since other neighbors and channelization can impact wireless operation.

Great template though. I hope users will use it.

Good idea but don't want to make it too long. Doesn't appear like most people even take the time to read it currently.

I've found the more information you can post and users have access too, the more this can help them in troubleshooting there problems and gives them more information to work with and generally, even thought it might seem like a lot of information, if structured well, ask they try the suggestions and information, while sifting thru the information given, will resolve there problems. This will also help you guys in some ways in having less posts to deal with and hopefully give you more time to focus on users with issues they cant resolve or more specific issues that crop up and give them more time to help out users there. I found that 99% of users problems are mis-configurations and environment related. Giving users as much information they and look at for knowledge helps users and you curb the many posts regarding mis-configurations and environment caused. The more information is available, users will eventually start using it and looking at it. Users tend to look and use good detailed information.

Suggestion to help get your template out there to look at, put this information in your automated Welcome email message or links to the template in the forum in your Welcome message. I do this for most router uses I see on the forum I help moderate. Help to get your information out there. Users will eventually start using it and looking at it.

My 2 cents.

Archived