Having issuses with lag & netduma? This made all the difference

alex.devine

I do this coz am also using PPPoE connection my isp put fibermedia convertet in my home with 1 Wan

So before this setup am using direct connection like

WAN > R1

Now WAN > my Asus Rtn66u > R1

The thing is am feeling diffrence like I got some good games but my speed decreased in Ps4 speed test its says around 3 or 4 mb dwn and 500 to 600kbps up and every game am genting connection inturrupeted msg and dieing on streaks lol

I do this coz am also using PPPoE connection my isp put fibermedia convertet in my home with 1 Wan

So before this setup am using direct connection like

WAN > R1

Now WAN > my Asus Rtn66u > R1

The thing is am feeling diffrence like I got some good games but my speed decreased in Ps4 speed test its says around 3 or 4 mb dwn and 500 to 600kbps up and every game am genting connection inturrupeted msg and dieing on streaks lol

I had this issue with speed, i set my sliders to 90% both for up and down. I could not find any games with it set to 70%, give that a go!

Hmmm its still the same getting connection interrupt msg every single game and dieing while this msg appear both in multiplayer and zombies... now am running direct R1

I think PPPoE not support R1 or somthing hope this will fix or Iain do some magic for PPPoE users...hahah

Hmmm its still the same getting connection interrupt msg every single game and dieing while this msg appear both in multiplayer and zombies... now am running direct R1

I think PPPoE not support R1 or somthing hope this will fix or Iain do some magic for PPPoE users...hahah

PPPoE is bugged right now using only the duma. Its best going with your own router.

• Administrators

PPPoE does not work with ping assist. That is fixed in the next version.

Also PPPoE has a very low max speed limit. The hardware was designed with PPPoE in mind I added it because some customers didn't want an intermediate router. If you want high speeds with pppoe you'll need to plug in the intermediate router. 

PPPoE does not work with ping assist. That is fixed in the next version.

Also PPPoE has a very low max speed limit. The hardware was designed with PPPoE in mind I added it because some customers didn't want an intermediate router. If you want high speeds with pppoe you'll need to plug in the intermediate router. 

Hi Iain, Long time no speak hope everything is going well? Chris here.. Long time Netduma user!

Could you answer 2 quick questions please? I have Modem > Netduma > PS4. Is it worth me plugging in my BT HH5 router now (which has built in modem) to the Netduma  and switch the PPPoE on there or is it worth being patient and waiting for the next update to fix this?  

My other question regarding static ip addresses. I set up my PS4 quite a while ago before I even got the Netduma with a static IP address. Should this be left as automatic instead? and if so do I need to change anything in the Netduma? 

Hope you and everyone here has a Happy New Year by the way !! 

• Netduma Staff

Hi Iain, Long time no speak hope everything is going well? Chris here.. Long time Netduma user!

Could you answer 2 quick questions please? I have Modem > Netduma > PS4. Is it worth me plugging in my BT HH5 router now (which has built in modem) to the Netduma  and switch the PPPoE on there or is it worth being patient and waiting for the next update to fix this?  

My other question regarding static ip addresses. I set up my PS4 quite a while ago before I even got the Netduma with a static IP address. Should this be left as automatic instead? and if so do I need to change anything in the Netduma? 

Hope you and everyone here has a Happy New Year by the way !! 

Hey :)

I have the same setup: Modem >> HomeHub 5 >> Netduma. I found that better than PPoE because 1) I couldn't get over 80Mbps with PPoE and 2) PPoE is overall just a bit buggy. I think you should only use PPoE if you have to with the Netduma - if you don't you should try and avoid it.

Setting up a static IP isn't necessary, but if you do set it from Settings >> DHCP lease instead of on the console. But having a static IP won't make a difference.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been having games with a  50/50 of good and bad over the last month. I know its not the duma causing the issue!

So what I did next instantly saw me have perfect games, i blocked all devices but the Xbox One and the delay I was facing disappeared.

The wife went mental but i got some amazing games last night, i am hoping this new update will sort this with the hyper :)

Archived