geo map

Hi guys! Been enjoying kicking ass in bo3 on ps4 with my new router.

I could use some help with the geo map.

I have tried chrome, Firefox, and ie and I've encountered a bug.

When I have hosts in the circle, and I mouse over them, isn't a dialog box supposed to come up? I don't see one. I know some options are in the box that might be useful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ok thanks.

Last night I was playing and I kept connecting to game with a ping of 60-80 with my settings on 40. I added the hosts to the deny area but nothing changed. Does it only work if I'm the host of my party? Also, is there a setting to make sure I'm the host of the lobby?

• Administrators

You cannot make yourself host Bill, that would actually be a form of cheating.

If you put someone in your deny list you need to disconnect from them for 2 mins and wait for the dot to disappear. This is an anti-cheat feature so you can't use the deny feature as a way to boot people out of games. 

Ok, you're right lol

So if the largest circle on the map has a high ping, I put a name in the host box and hit update. Then I leave the game I'm in for two minutes. Do I have that correct? Do I just leave that lobby or turn off the game completely?

On my map, the only circles are red. Should they be any other colors? When I select the option to show the ping of everyone, it has many different colors, how do I know of those, who is where on the map so I can block them?

Thank you very much for your help. The connection last night was the worst since I got the router. My mistake was staying in the lobby instead of leaving for two minutes.

• Netduma Staff

Ok, you're right lol

So if the largest circle on the map has a high ping, I put a name in the host box and hit update. Then I leave the game I'm in for two minutes. Do I have that correct? Do I just leave that lobby or turn off the game completely?

On my map, the only circles are red. Should they be any other colors? When I select the option to show the ping of everyone, it has many different colors, how do I know of those, who is where on the map so I can block them?

Thank you very much for your help. The connection last night was the worst since I got the router. My mistake was staying in the lobby instead of leaving for two minutes.

Yeah, just leave the lobby so you're no longer connected to that host :)

Yes, they should all be the same colour on the map.

In a future update you will be able to see which bar matches which circle on the map but at the moment it isn't possible.

Is there a way for the gamer handle of the player to be automatically displayed on the dialog box so I know who it is that I need to block?

I don't think that's possible as all the packets are encrypted (I read somewhere on there that for party chat it may be possible).

I can't upload pictures because they are too large but I really need help understanding.

I just connected to a host I had on my block list.

Upload the pictures to imgur.com instead :) If it is on your block list you shouldn't connect to it. Can you make sure it is the same host by seeing if the IDs are the same.

• Netduma Staff

http://imgur.com/a/OMjS3

Sorry for the quality

Fist of all try setting the quality to 5% and press update. I'm not sure if 0% adds to deny (I could be wrong :) ). It also looks like you're connecting to hosts outside of your GeoFilter. Is the GeoFilter enabled? The button should say 'disable'.

Fist of all try setting the quality to 5% and press update. I'm not sure if 0% adds to deny (I could be wrong :) ). It also looks like you're connecting to hosts outside of your GeoFilter. Is the GeoFilter enabled? The button should say 'disable'.

I'll try moving it off of zero but I have many circles in the red block bar that I have blocked.

I know for a fact it is enabled.

• Netduma Staff

I'll try moving it off of zero but I have many circles in the red block bar that I have blocked.

I know for a fact it is enabled.

Ok, you might be right, I wasn't sure if 0% blocked but if you see it in the red area then it must be.

I think the problem might be that your GeoFilter ins't even working as on the previous screen shot everything had been let through. What firmware version are you on? You need to be on the latest (1.03.5m) for filtering to be affective on Bops3. You can get that version here - make sure to read the instructions on then page carefully.

Crosby is correct give the bad host at least a 5 % as in my experience a zero in the past would not register as any thing,so you connect to that host again.

I'll do that for now on.

While I was researching in the forum....i found a thread about my issue. I seem to have found my solution to the main issue of connecting to bad hosts and outside the geo. I ticked off an option in the misc settings area. The post said it didn't involve console gaming but it seemed to work.

• Administrators

Hi Bill,

I think that is unlikely. If you don't want hosts outside your GF then make sure you tick "Strict Mode" in host filtering page and set ping assist to 0ms. It may take longer to find games though.

Happy Xmas :)

Archived