Please need help with optimizing my netduma xbox 1-US

I have had my Netduma for 3 weeks now.  the first 2 weeks have been struggling to get it to work with Destiny on Xbox 1.  Some good games but could never fully get the correct settings for myself.  I have tried many different settings for destiny but no luck.  I Gave up.

Now I have Black ops 3 and had better luck messing with the settings but don't understand a few things.

1.  Why always the first couple of games it runs great.  Low ping great games but as I continue to play it gets worse.

2.  set ping assist to 50 like the wiki says and always get ping ranging from 80ms to 150ms

3.  My routers clock is wrong for my location.  Cant change it

4.  look at ping graph and always get choppy pings going up and down.looks like the rocky mountins

I love this router and know it works well but my head is spinning.  Tried every thing.  I know it works because I played 2 games with it off last night and it is un playable.

I guess I am asking is I NEED A PROFESSIONAL TO REMOTE ON AND TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT I AM DEALING WITH AND HELP ME PLEASE.

I am located in the Untied States in Georgia and get online at 8:30pm EST.  I would love to schedule a time when you awesome guys can help me possibly.

Please let me know if this can happen.

Thanks

• Netduma Staff

Hey Aadaveylo :)

1. Does the ping increase when the games get worse?
  2. Ping assist will allow you to connect to games under 50ms if they are outside your GeoFilter (see here). If you want to connect to only games under 50ms put your home location in the see (and make the range as small as possible) then all filtering will be done through ping assist only :)
  3. That won't matter.
  4. Can you run an internet diagnostics and post the results here?

1.  yes it does.  it jumps around.  Only had a few games with it steady.

2. I tried the sea thing for just ping assist.  I never could find a game.  I did see I could do a hard rest on xbox 1 then connect to BOP3 then enable the filter.  I haven't tried that yet.

3. ok

4. I can post you a snap shot when I get online tonight at 8:30pm EST.  Are you going to be avalible then.

Blocked devices :)

@aadaveylo Try putting your home location in then ocean and just filtering with ping assist on about 40-50ms :)

Hmm never knew that... Whenever I use ping assist only, I can't find any games. It used to work fine for me but recently it hasn't been working. If I set it to 40-50 I'll connect to games but the ping will be much higher than 40-50 for some reason.

• Administrators

Okay so you need to use the reactive algorithm for your connection. 

You also didn't uncheck strict mode as I suggested.

For Destiny, you need to use peer ping instead of auto ping host. See what the average ping on that is. 

Archived