Major Lag Spikes and Connectivity issues after 1.03.5m

Hi,

So after I updated the Netduma to 1.03.5m, I have been encountered major lag spikes and connectivity issues.

Funny enough, I have only noticed this when playing CoD: BO3 (note that this is not happening in every game, but around 50% of the time).

It will run smooth with a 25ms ping for 2 mins into a lobby and then suddenly pop up to 600-1500ms ping. Sometimes just for a second or two, but most of the times it will remain the whole game through.

I have refreshed my settings, checked my cables and rebooted the the Netduma up to several times. Nothing changes and everything should be good to go.

Anyone else experienced this?

/Bloch

• Netduma Staff

Hi I need help I play ps4 with Google fiber isp my game is bo3 my speed is 18mbps down and 52mbps upI have tp link router and netduma is to laggy and every game the host is in uk and my location is kansas us

My ping is 3ms sorry for my English

Hugo, please make your own thread in the General Support section of the forum.

• Netduma Staff

Playing on reactive, and no, I have not tried the factory reset.

Though FR should be the absolute last resort, but might be worth a try. I just wanted to hear if anyone else have had the same issue.

Do you notice it happening when connecting to any particular host (you can check this by seeing if the IDs are the same)? :)

Hi guys

Just wanted to say i have the same issue, I have a thread going already (BO3 out of Geo filter settings) and Fraser has dialed in to double check my settings but still having same issue. I keep connecting to a server 4666 miles away with horrendous ping. Two of my mates bought R1 couple weeks ago also having the same. Could it be a COD, R1 firmware or combination of both updates causing this?

• Administrators

Hi guys

Just wanted to say i have the same issue, I have a thread going already (BO3 out of Geo filter settings) and Fraser has dialed in to double check my settings but still having same issue. I keep connecting to a server 4666 miles away with horrendous ping. Two of my mates bought R1 couple weeks ago also having the same. Could it be a COD, R1 firmware or combination of both updates causing this?

I'm confused, during our 1 on 1 you didn't connect to a host outside your radius at all. Unless you put PA/strict off since then. 

Playing on reactive, and no, I have not tried the factory reset.

Though FR should be the absolute last resort, but might be worth a try. I just wanted to hear if anyone else have had the same issue.

You can do a factory reset just make sure it is from settings > miscellaneous and see if that resolves it.

Well guys. I did the factory reset and did all my settings again and I have not experienced the lag spikes since then (1-2 hours of game time).

I will keep this thread updated if I encounter it again, but for now it seems to work :)

Thanks all for replying.

/Bloch

Well guys. I did the factory reset and did all my settings again and I have not experienced the lag spikes since then (1-2 hours of game time).

I will keep this thread updated if I encounter it again, but for now it seems to work :)

Thanks all for replying.

/Bloch

Glad to see it worked! I was hesitant as well, but I always take screen shots of my settings so it wasn't the end of the world.

I've still yet to play a match since, but just from my speed tests I know it's better.

So it just happened to me again, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Black Ops 3 servers.

I was lagging again with around 600ms ping, but my friends in my party could hear me just fine :/

The odd part is that I was the only one with a 1 bar connection.

I tried to test my connection on another device at the same time and it showed full connectivity. I'm so confused :(

So it just happened to me again, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Black Ops 3 servers.

I was lagging again with around 600ms ping, but my friends in my party could hear me just fine :/

The odd part is that I was the only one with a 1 bar connection.

I tried to test my connection on another device at the same time and it showed full connectivity. I'm so confused :(

You wouldn't happen to have a Motorola/Arris modem would you?

You wouldn't happen to have a Motorola/Arris modem would you?

Nope, nothing fancy like that. Just what my internet provider gave me (TDC). Think it's made by Sagemcom.

But I'm only noticing it when I'm playing CoD:BO3.

Ugh, I do.... TM822G - it doesn't have the EEE bug, does it?

I do not know for sure, the Netduma team are aware of one particular modem that has the bad implementation of EEE however there may be more, but I do not know myself personally.

If you can access the modem, check if there is anything related to Energy Efficient Ethernet or 802.3az, I've seen devices that allow it to be turned off or disabled.

Archived