Help with having friends join lobby

Hey Guys,

In my home:

2 xBox Ones

1 R1 router

1 xBox is wired the other is wifi

So I received my R1 last week and it works pretty well. The only REAL problem I have is when friends are on-line and we want to play together (BLOPS3), it seems they can never join my room or I can't join theirs. We spend 20-30 minutes trying to get everyone of us in a room. VERY frustrating. 

Everyone has to shutdown there routers and unplug there xbox's and they might work but not always. My friends are not liking the R1 right now. Sometimes we have open NAT and sometimes we don't. Went thru the upnp enable stuff and other NAT help fixes. Even when we have 2 open NAT's in my house other people can't join.

Any ideas?

Thanks 

Jay

with geo-filter off, start a chat party..have your friends join 1 at a time. Each time 1 joins on your dis-abled geo filter map they should appear as a dot, click on the dot and rate them to your approved list.. after they have all joined and you have rated them as approved, you can turn the geo-filter on and should be able to play.. any time you need to add a friend to the approved list or a friend moves or takes their gaming system with them on vacation..you'll want to repeat the process...

It totally does. Just get into the habit (initially it's annoying lol but after a while you get used to it and it takes no time at all)... of disabling, having your peeps join on you, then click on each solid circle, slide the bar over and click the allow button, repeat as needed, and watch em all become dotted circles, after which you can then enable your filter.

Every now and then you'll have to repeat this for those whom you've already accepted, as their ISP will swap out their IP (assuming they have DHCP), thus becoming in recognizable to the Duma yet again.

All in all its a cost/ benefit thing and still well worth using the Duma :P IMHO at least

Good luck

with geo-filter off, start a chat party..have your friends join 1 at a time. Each time 1 joins on your dis-abled geo filter map they should appear as a dot, click on the dot and rate them to your approved list.. after they have all joined and you have rated them as approved, you can turn the geo-filter on and should be able to play.. any time you need to add a friend to the approved list or a friend moves or takes their gaming system with them on vacation..you'll want to repeat the process...

You said start a chat party and don't invite him to the game until his dot appears on the map then give him a 100% rating. Then invite him into the game?

just means a player within the lobby is located near the server/host... as far as friends showing up in the wrong location, i believe it has to do with their ISP..anybody that has AT@T that I play with, always shows up as being in Nebraska.. but I'm glad you got things squared away and can play with your friends..

• Administrators

Well that did the trick...think I actually had my friends in the deny list. oops. Whats weird is one friend lives in Iowa but shows up in Kansas and the other lives in South Dakota but shows up in Nebraska.

It's just incorrectly located, if you provide me their ID (from the host descriptor box) I can put it in the correct location.

One other thing....what does it mean on the Geo map when you have a large circle and a smaller circle inside it? I think it was a dedicated server because I couldn't name it. But sometime I see that double circle. 

Usually hosts are clustered in a certain location, the large circle will be the host and the smaller one a potential host

One other thing....what does it mean on the Geo map when you have a large circle and a smaller circle inside it? I think it was a dedicated server because I couldn't name it. But sometime I see that double circle. 

It usually means your on a bank of dedi's so you get a circle within a circle.

Just check it out next time it happens,click on it and if there's no update button you know it's a dedi and your more than likely in a dedi bank

Archived