BO3 out of Geo filter settings

Hey Ron,

I live in South OC and I can confirm that on the PS4 when I play early morning also and if I leave my home location in So Cal there are solely Japanes players. All of them are three bar while I am a 4 bar. Total lag fest. Unfortunately they are somehow connecting to these servers in So Cal. They have there own servers but get funneled here.

So what I do is move my home location to the top of the Texas pan handle, hit the Snap button once to include Texas and Kansas and problem solved. Better lobbies in the early morning. I normally leave it there or move it back to So Cal to see if the coast is clear.

The Duma can help but you have to move your location and test it out by playing on different servers.

A friend of mine said he found another Duma player in San Diego and there is a server there that plays smooth. I haven't seen it yet but if anyone does we need to post the ID so we can update the cloud.

Since you play early too, add me. My PS4 GT:

C1SCO_K1D_Rocks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well its been a mixed bag tonight, mostly bad. I kept tweaking the PA from 0 - 30Ms, 30 was when i could get into a game. The ping was ok during the game 30 - 60Ms ish,. It placed us in a closer dedi only a 1000 miles closer, 3587 instead of 4666 miles. Then it popped up the error cant ping host and the ping graph goes again. The game was intermittent laggy but best its been for days. Below are shots of this.

post-1240-0-64685500-1449785884_thumb.pngpost-1240-0-17955800-1449785886_thumb.pngpost-1240-0-01738600-1449785887_thumb.png

I am having pretty much the same problem as you. Trying to avoid that Irish server, but whenever I move the Geo filter away from Ireland, any server I connect to is pure pants. Even if I place my home location in Germany, it still tries to connect to Ireland, or worst still the USA.

• Administrators

I am having pretty much the same problem as you. Trying to avoid that Irish server, but whenever I move the Geo filter away from Ireland, any server I connect to is pure pants. Even if I place my home location in Germany, it still tries to connect to Ireland, or worst still the USA.

Just replied to your post

Hi Fraser

Thanks for your help, about to play properly now so will test and confirm how it goes.

For those following, i will post here what Fraser tweaked in the settings once ive tested, but the main thing was turning the ping assist to zero to stop the US servers, takes a bit longer to get in a game but at least they are close by.

Hi Fraser

Bit of an update. First game we played was awful, well within the geo, but the ping went from 30-400ms, see these

post-1240-0-92356200-1449871720_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-25175700-1449871723_thumb.jpg

But only in the game the R1 said good ping, 30ish, but well laggy.

Bailed and blocked that one, played a few ok games, then it all went pear shaped again, i moved my home back to UK as you suggested including the Irish servers. This worked well for a few. I tried to add allow this good one, no allow/deny update option, can move slider just no update button. Then the ping graph went to loading graph bar again as before (adblocker still off). Then it fell over big time, went to this one ID: e9286934c5887a7f    Distance: 4465mi. couldnt allow/deny and had 117Ms ping. Couldnt see it on the geo unless i traced it, see these:

post-1240-0-64680300-1449872112_thumb.pngpost-1240-0-85491600-1449872113_thumb.pngpost-1240-0-83980300-1449872114_thumb.pngpost-1240-0-70958600-1449872316_thumb.png

I even did a hard reboot on the Virgin hub and Xbone (taking power out) and rebooted R1 (control panel), still not any good cant get out of this server. I will unblock the only one i blocked and see if that resolves it, it has an update option now Thought you had cracked it for a bit.

I will update later when i have more info, missing all these double XP weekend rewards

well that didnt work, went to straight back to this one ID: 12287e49c5b17a7f    Distance: 4465mi didnt matter how long i back out for to clear the R1 it will jump straight to it. Cant see it in the geo filter either, after a while shooting anyone takes a whole clip. Giving up tonight cant play it. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. 

Hi Fraser

sorry for confusion just wanted let them know i was having same issue. As you can see from above it didnt last long still same tonight going to that same host, doesnt show up on Geo filter tho. Just gonna try turning off bleeding edge now.

Ok, so turned bleeding edge off and only went into hosts within the geo range, however it takes an age to go into a game. I also allowed an Irish dedi as this went well. It then connected to different servers in this farm, if we had a poor host it didnt have the update option in the descriptor box to deny, so we had to play on them. Some games didnt play well but overall much better. 

Is this normal once allowing (and i presume denying) a deddi should it have the option to deny/allow other hosts in the farm?

We had a few P2P as well , these all had the option to allow/deny

I could tell when it was going to play up because the ping graph would only show the loading bar, not the graph itself. I will see how it goes.

Hi Fraser

Its been so much better, I have left the ping assist at 0%, moved my home location back to its correct position which includes the Irish servers and I have left bleeding edge off. Takes a while to get into a game but at least they are better games when we do get in and no more US dedi's. Hopefully thats resolved it

I keep you posted, thanks

Did turning bleeding edge off stop the problem with it saying you were connecting like 4000 miles away? Also what is bleeding edge and what does it do thanks

Bleeding edge means you will get the latest server locations the duma Devs have uploaded, without having to click tick and apply anything, it will update in the background and can take around 4 hrs I think! Depending on size. So its just like an auto cloud update setting really!

Hi Fraser

Enabled bleeding edge and it didn't go out of the geo filter, looking good. However my friend and I cant join a game, we can join party chat but not games. If it gives the option to join or we send a game invite it tries then errors. Disabling bleeding edge didn't allow us to join so I'm guessing this is another lovely "feature" of BO3?

Can you answer a question for me please, you unticked "Enable upnp forwarding" in the settings, what does this do and is there a time to enable it?

Thanks

Hi Fraser

well another useless BO update another random US server, seems i can only connect to this one so far tonight, ID: 62285621c5017176    Distance: 4679mi.

No settings changed. Just denied which has stopped it so far but can see it as a normal circle as if it wants to connect. 

Never seem to get UK or EU servers, only P2P which are hit and miss if they are any good

On a side note played Ghosts last night to see how that plays, great games, no lag just like AW its just BO3 that is so bad.

Archived