BO3 out of Geo filter settings

Hi ya

Recently BO3 has become really laggy and getting kicked a lot, ive been denying/allowing hosts but it keeps going to one in the States 4666 miles away even tho its denied. I have just configured two more R1's for my mates and they are doing the same. Is this a BO3 thing or could I of set something up incorrectly. 3 out 0f 3 doing the same thing, its gotta be either my set up or COD?

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you on the latest firmware 1.03.5 ? if so have you re added the consoles service?

Do you have strict ticked?

It could also be a misallocated server could you post the host description here please.

Hi ya

Thanks for reply, yep upgraded all to latest firmware, strict ticked (unticked for testing but on mostly). Its strange, a lot of the time it will say host 167 miles away (distance changes each time but within set distance of filter) then goes to the States 4666 miles away. When I trace it it goes off the page, back to the host then back to UK, I will take a screen shot later as well. Sometimes I get a "cant ping the host" error message pop up box that's when the game gets really laggy.

I will get the description later tonight, at work now

Hi ya

here are the the details, it seems to default to this server every time: ID: bc281ee9c55b5055    Distance: 4666m. Attached is a shot of the trace and my geo settings.

post-1240-0-70036600-1449507424_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-65943400-1449507426_thumb.jpg

I live in UK, Dorset, but moved home location to Europe to miss out Ireland's server, this worked well until recently. Thanks

I think its a COD thing.

I had a few days where I would only connect to a US East coast server playing Hardcore Dom, that is with the duma on or off. It is more than likely a dedicated server.

What is your ping to that server, if its sub 80ms it is posbably mis located and if you give Frazer the ID he will move it.

Setup that is Currently Working for me, is set your home actually where your home is and set distnace to as small as you can, and then i have ping assist set to 15ms. This connects me to the UK dedi in London or the Dedi in Netherlands.

15ms might be too low for you depending on where you are located in the UK I live within a few miles of the server so get a 6ms ping to it hence my 15 ms to try and force me to connect to it.

Hi Zennon

The ping graph fluctuates, sometimes the graph will disappear completely but the box itself that should have the graph in sits there as if its trying to show the graph, reading the ping time its anything up to 950ms, again only on this server and only been for the last few days/week.

Sometimes it will start a game saying 160 (anything within the set range) miles away then once the game starts it hops over to the States server, 4666 miles away, even though I have denied it. Ping fluctuates up to around 960ms ish, ping graph disappears then occasionally a pop up message with "cant ping the host appears". That's when it starts to go really downhill and I have to stop myself from throwing the controller through the TV

Hi Newnsy

I have my home set in Europe to miss the Irish servers out but I can move it back to correct location as you suggest, I usually have the ping set to around 30ms but in the shot above I had tweaked it to try different things to 50ms.

the server ID is above in the thread with the screen shots.

thanks for your help guys see how it goes tonight.

If you have the geo set, strict ticked, on the latest FW and the service re added then Fraser needs to have a look at this hopefully he will be around soon.

As a passing thought I would check and make sure the VPN section is turned off.

I hate those Irish servers they are bad on any game, in bettlefield if we connected to one of them it was an instant back out to try an connect to one in Germany !!!! , the only ones i like are the dutch and the London server. I have a terrible time connecting to anything else....

One other thing, I am assuming you have the Bleeding edge / Cloud setting all enabled?

Hi Zennon

Yep geo, yep strict, yep FW, yep service (also set up some brand new ones this week so didn't need to re-set them just add service) and yep turned VPN off. That pops up an error about old settings browsing to that page if not turned off. Got that from the new ones as well. Must be in the FW settings from testing or something.

Hi Newnsy

Cloud enabled, but when I was reading up on the best config settings I read somewhere to turn off bleeding edge as that's for beta servers and if have trouble to disable it, but I can enable that one again.

I will test later when I get home.

Thanks again

• Administrators

It looks like it's getting through by ping assist or you've allowed it, it is a mis located server which should be in Ireland which makes sense why it is getting through - also why you want to avoid the Irish server!

Put PA to 0, click that host and click reset in the host descriptor box. You shouldn't get it again

Hi Fraser

I have reset that host, i only denied it the night i took shots to test (enabled peer ping then as well, usually off). I dont have any allowed or denied at the moment. Deleted them all. There is something definitely wrong here i tried to play AW tonight to test as BO3 is useless and that was connecting 4666 miles away as well. The host ID seems to change name but the distance mostly stays at 4666. I had a couple of 3500 miles away as it flicked off one host to the other. Occasionally went about 210 miles but soon flicked back to 4666, this is all in mid game. As the lobby loads into the game it says 210 miles ish, then 4666 in game.

The ping graph will go funny as well, it loses the graph and has the loading graph bars then the graph loads, this happens throughout the game.

Two of the other routers i configured last week are doing the same in BO3 they not tried AW, which implies it could well be a setting i have wrong i followed the set up guides on the forum to configure them for COD multiplayer.

I miss out the Irish servers because they were laggy before, i can move the home back to UK and see what happens?

Thanks

there isn't anything in the allow/deny boxes, I only denied that host last week when things started playing up. One of the routers I set up for my mate on Sunday was straight out the box set up using the forum how to and still had this host all the time, nothing was denied. so its either a setting or a COD thing. The only thing I can think is to factory set the router and try again but I didn't change anything in the set up on mine until it started lagging, worked a treat for months on AW just using the geo set as it is in the picture above, approx. 400 miles radius with home set in Europe to miss out Irish servers.

I'm also confused as to why the host ID keeps changing during the game and the ping graph disappears and has the loading bar instead of the graph?

Thanks

Hi Fraser

I played again last night and a couple of games were P2P and about 260 miles away but every other game connected to the server 4666 miles away (adds the e after the version number). I turned off PA, strict mode etc all to no avail. Both my mates have the same issue. Any chance you could dial in later today and have a look, if I do a factory reset I'm concerned I'm just going to set it up the same again and continue having this issue. Being as I set up the other two the same as mine and they have this issue I could be flogging a dead horse. I should be home around 16:30 ish if your available that sort of time?

Thanks

Paul

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone else on West Coast of United States (Im in San Diego, CA) is seeing this same situation for Black Ops 3/PS4.

A good portion of my gaming is done in the early morning (between 5-7am PST) and I've noticed that during this time I am put into lobbies with Asian players (I can tell by their gamertags). As you can imagine, most of the time the ping rates in these games are horrible (usually 150ms+). Other times I'll be the only player with a 4-bar connection (`50ms ping) while everyone else has a 3-bar, but there is still evident lag present.

I'm a fairly decent player by most accounts (currently a 2.6 KDR/300+SPM in TDM w/ 10K kills), but in these lobbies I'm either getting melted by sub-1KD kids or they're sponging my bullets.

Am I right in the following logic? The Netduma can match me up with a dedicated server closest to me with a great ping rate, but can not prevent players with less than desireable pings from also connecting to the same host.

During peak hours in my area (after 10am thru late evening) I usually have a fantastic connection in BO3, without the use of a Netduma. Can the Netduma help my issue with connecting to players on a dedicated server that have less than desireable ping to me?

Thanks,

Ron

Archived