Can somebody please please please help me?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say spikes like that are normal Iain ?, could be the player host brother has just refreshed a web page with lots of pictures on or one of the many crappy dedicated servers being flakey as usual ?

I ask because i do not sit looking at my duma i just set forget and game, the stutter and judder has gone so i can get on with being immersed in the game.

Those pings look good Mike bar couple of spikes. I'm convinced the spikes are a COD:AW thing in my uneducated opinion.

This is mine from Halo. Barring a really bad player host (who gets blocked anyways for future games) it is always the same kind of flat line within a few ms.

post-161-0-72257500-1424016491_thumb.png

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Marc,

Those spikes are relatively normal. For the most part Marc were they good games? You'd expect that as you can see the majority of the time its low ping just the occasional spike

Yeah its a massive improvement to lastweek anyway.

Think i also need to start blocking the bad hosts too.

I darent do that lastweek on the .2 version as i was struggling to games, and when i did get a game i would be kicked out of most before the end.

Big thanks to all of you, i will give it a good go and report back here.

Thanks iain.

Just a quick one, to get the most out of the r1 do i need to use any of the other features, upnp etc.....

I havent touched anything else because i dont know what they are or do.

So basically i have just

1 connected my devices and renamed them.

2 Selected my xboxone with xboxlive PA.

3 entered my down and upload speeds.

4 set up congestion control, 60% to my xboxone and excess shared.

5 set geo filter to uk and used snap button to 500km.

6 set the sliders to 70% for both download and upload.

I think thats it.

Is there anything else you recommend doing?

Guest Netduma_Iain

That sounds good. You don't need to be so rigid with the geo-filter you can move the home,distance & PA depending on time of night and how you feel.

As long as your NAT is open everything is correct :) 

Hi guys just an update.

I upgraded my talktalk internet yesterday to the 80 down and 20 up speed.

The guy said it may be a bit dodgy for a few days as they will keep testing the line so we get best possible connection.

But since upgrading the r1 to version .7 the other day my devices keep losing connection and are unable to reconnect until i pull the plug and reboot the r1. The mrs keeps going mental. Is this a common problem and is there an easy fix?

Thanks

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi guys just an update.

I upgraded my talktalk internet yesterday to the 80 down and 20 up speed.

The guy said it may be a bit dodgy for a few days as they will keep testing the line so we get best possible connection.

But since upgrading the r1 to version .7 the other day my devices keep losing connection and are unable to reconnect until i pull the plug and reboot the r1. The mrs keeps going mental. Is this a common problem and is there an easy fix?

Thanks

Doesnt sound like us, are the devices wired or wireless?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Wireless.

Laptop, phones and tablet.

It disconnects itself, i press to connect but just says unable to connect??

Switch r1 off at plug and back on again and lets me connect straight away

Can you try connecting with a wire once devices disconnect and see if you still have internet access/can access the R1 control panel :)

Right so you will have been given a new talktalk super router , my guess is you have left the wifi on in the TT router and they are canceling each other out.

Turn off the TT wifi if you have not already :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Marc, 

I wouldn't worry about the multiple IP addresses, you can easily fix that by restarting the router. It shouldn't be a problem.

Are these devices all wifi devices, and are they all on Windows? I recommend disabling the wifi on the other router as they are probably switching between the two. 

Thanks iain.

I already disabled the other router wifi.

Devices that keep dropping off are ipod, iphone, samsung phone, lads xboxone/360 and windows laptop.

Not all devices drop off together, or if they do some reconnect and others cant.

My xboxone is hardwired and as far as know hasnt lost connection.

But what my xboxone does keep doing is showing itself twice in device manager.

I know which is the right one because it shows as wired. I delete the other one but it just comes back again the next time i go to the r1 control panel.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Don't worry too much about the device manager unless its impacting anything else, for example you stop geo-filtering.

I'd suggest you change the wifi channel, there could be further interference from something else. So go to "Settings > Misc" and pick another channel. Let me know if that works for you :) 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Make sure you keep 2.4ghz mate, 5ghz doesn't work.

Pick any channel you want, try pick a number other people are unlikely to pick, so 3 is probably a bad choice for example!

Archived