I'm trying to get my settings on the netduma working properly. i have my cable modem and the netduma plugged into each other from there i have my wired into the net duma. i'm not having any luck with my gaming experience as of yet. ive upgraded .7 i have rebooted router tried playing with and without geo filter, plaid from different distances from 100 km-1500 no different in lag on Advanced warfare at all. i have attached screenshots of some of my settings i have upnp ticked in both locations. no port forwarding, i have my ps4 as a dhcp lease. i'm really not sure what else to do have congestion and host filtering in screen shots below

screenshot net duma.pdf

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

Hi,

What are your pings to the hosts that you are connecting to?

If you are lagging in the games, follow the steps here. Using the internet diagnostics on the Netduma will help determine whether it is a ISP issue or a configuration issue.

Remember, if you connect to a game that you logged in, you should add the host to your denied list. Also take a look at finding good connections.

Hopefully you will start to find some better games now :)

Hey, 

Thanks for replying. yeah i followed those steps they were recommended by ian but they have not improved my connections. the pings i get range from 50-150 i have put the worst ones in the deny list. i also ran the diagnostic and it showed everything was good and had no packet loss. I'm not sure why im not getting the great gameplay ive heard so much about. its like ill get hit with 2 bullets and im dead. but takes 6-8 shots to kill every match give or take 3 in about 3 hrs of gameplay.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey,

With the Netduma you have the options to mitigate lag & optimise your connection.

Firstly we need to know what your pings are, so on average what ping are you getting in game would you say? Also we need to know what your Internet connection is like so please select "Internet Diagnosis" and run the ping test.

If you want more help you can go on this page: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=dominate_lag_using_the_netduma_r1

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey thanks for reply i have attached the internet diagnostic it says between 18-27ms  

Okay thats not too bad, can you take a screenshot of your Geo-filter connected to a host you typically connect to with its ping graph please.

When youre gaming as well can you check the network monitor and see how much the internet is being used by devices in your house. 

Have you tried using ping assist with putting your home in the sea and strict mode on and try 50ms or anything lower than what you typically get.

Okay thats not too bad, can you take a screenshot of your Geo-filter connected to a host you typically connect to with its ping graph please.

When you're gaming as well can you check the network monitor and see how much the internet is being used by devices in your house. 

Have you tried using ping assist with putting your home in the sea and strict mode on and try 50ms or anything lower than what you typically get.

heres the geofilter while connecting to the host i also tried the middle of the sea with a ping assist of 45 but even the host it tried to connect to was 100-400ms ping . generally the ping is saying between 40-60 but still no luck while playing the game

ping assist 50-60 but still but still bad hit detection and lag.pdf

Guest Netduma Fraser

heres the geofilter while connecting to the host i also tried the middle of the sea with a ping assist of 45 but even the host it tried to connect to was 100-400ms ping . generally the ping is saying between 40-60 but still no luck while playing the game

Can you try expanding your Geo-filter to include the padlocks on the edges and see if they're any better.

Thats strange, ping assist should not be matching you up with those pings. Can you check the network monitor and see what the usage is please

i expanded it to include more but its not changed anything . i haven't got anything else on but my laptop no streaming just the router interface is up and this forum. 

i even tried playing with the wifi off of the laptop but its not helped either. i put another screen shot attached

network monitor during gameplay.pdf

Guest Netduma Fraser

i expanded it to include more but its not changed anything . i haven't got anything else on but my laptop no streaming just the router interface is up and this forum.

i even tried playing with the wifi off of the laptop but its not helped either. i put another screen shot attached

Very strange. Playing with the Geo-filter disabled do you experience the same issues as well?

yeah ive tried both settings with and without it. my internet connection is generally very reliable so i dont think its the internet. I'm very confused though because I've tried everything i could think of to get it to work properly and am getting no where. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi ddotaangel,

So it looks like your last mile is about 30ms, so 40ms sounds like the best hosts you will get. A 40ms host is a very good connection, the game play should be very smooth. If however you don't like that host you can simply avoid it by settings its rating to 0% or if its a dedi move your home to avoid it. 

Hello Ian, 

Thanks for reply I dont think im the one in thousands that just has an issue with the router not working. so, after the troubleshooting tips did not work ( i greatly appreciate all the support) i contacted my ISP and informed them of the issues they stated that there have been reports regarding the modem i have not having optimal connection. they are sending out a technician to switch out the modem tuesday. i will keep you guys posted to see if this helps the issues i've been having i really hope so. Thanks again. this has easily been hands down the greatest customer support i have ever experienced. :)

• 2 weeks later...

well had ,odem checked out signal was adjusted properly..still the exact same problems persist. ive now nearly had the router a month i honestly dont know what else to do. i done everything i could to fix the issue if it is with my isp everyhing is working properly.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi dota,

Are you getting pings above 50ms on a consistent basis? If so it could be local congestion. As an extreme you could go to device manager click edit and block everything other than your console. If that helps it will confirm it's a congestion issue and we can then help using the congestion control features

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I switched service providers. I now have 65 down and 4 up. I set to reactive and have still not been able to get any type successful gaming experience in advanced warfare.. i'm the only person on the internet I've tested various congestion controls from 50-100. what should i have ticked in misc also. I'm just becoming really frustrated with this..

Hi ddotaangel,

So it looks like your last mile is about 30ms, so 40ms sounds like the best hosts you will get. A 40ms host is a very good connection, the game play should be very smooth. If however you don't like that host you can simply avoid it by settings its rating to 0% or if its a dedi move your home to avoid it. 

I always set the rating to 1% since if you don't touch it at all it is at 0% but that isn't stored.

I always set the rating to 1% since if you don't touch it at all it is at 0% but that isn't stored.

Yeah I'm just not getting good gameplay it jumps everywhere . and its like players just appear and insta death half the time no bullet sounds or anything a-2 bullet deaths even the animations show me glitch from standing to laying on the ground dead

Yeah I'm just not getting good gameplay it jumps everywhere . and its like players just appear and insta death half the time no bullet sounds or anything a-2 bullet deaths even the animations show me glitch from standing to laying on the ground dead

Do you use a ubee modem router combo? I used to have similar issues through Time Warner and switched away from their ubee. Made a big difference for me. I had nat troubles and mega lag.

Just an observation because I looked at all your stuff and you seem to have a very similar setup to mine (I use mine for xbox one mostly though).

Guest Netduma_Iain

Dota can you post a picture of your Internet Diagnosis page please. Don't forget to click "Show Details" in the picture. Thanks

Archived