DL/UL speeds adversely affected after upgrade

Team,

Since the update I am not able to get the full potential of my internet.  I've lost about 10MB/s from Download and 8MB/s Upload.  In the trends pic below you can see some DL speeds in the mid to high 50's.  This is me doing a wired speed test with CC's set to 100%, then they reduce as I'm trying to dial in bufferbloat.  About 3/4 of the way across the trend is when I did the firmware update.  I am no longer able to get those extra 10ish MB/s speeds. In the bottom pic you'll see a typical wired speedtest after the update with CC's at 100%  Before the update I was getting consistent high 50's for DL and low 50's for UL.  I have followed the setup instructions.  I do not have turbomode enabled.  I have done a few resets as well.  Any ideas?

1448119647-U2841.png1448119748-U2841.png

Try Zennon's suggestion first.  If that does not work, try changing from preemptive to reactive.   Normally, preemptive is recommended for below 60Mbps.  I have Time Warner Cable with 50 down and 5 up.  I found that my speed test changed after the upgrade as well.  When I changed from preemptive to reactive, I was getting the full speeds.

Try Zennon's suggestion first.  If that does not work, try changing from preemptive to reactive.   Normally, preemptive is recommended for below 60Mbps.  I have Time Warner Cable with 50 down and 5 up.  I found that my speed test changed after the upgrade as well.  When I changed from preemptive to reactive, I was getting the full speeds.

Thanks Z and UK wildcats,

I did reset as Z suggested right after I updated the firmware,  I just changed to the reactive algorithm and my speed returned to its regular range.  One more question for you guys...If you look at the bottom screen short from my original post; where it give the "Quality" Grade as blank....It has never been blank before the update.  It's usually A or B.  any ideas on that?

Did you reset the device priority flower? as stated it now does download as well as upload so it will throttle your pc/laptop if you have it set for console.

Zen,

I changed to the reactive algorithm which returned my DL speeds to normal, but I'm getting 9% packet loss since the update.  I never had a packet loss issue.  This is important. See results below

1448140599-U2841.png

Try a misc settings reboot, then retest the network diags.

Hey Zen,

I have done a several speed tests since the packet loss one and they have all been fine.  I'll chalk that one up to a one-off.  I guess my main questions about the firmware upgrade at this point  are:  1) what about it would cause my UL/DL speeds to be reduced when working from the "preemptive" algorithm?  2) why is it when I do a speedtest from DSLreports am I receiving a blank a "quality" rating in the results report when before the upgrade I always received an"A" or "B" grade?  Are these things something we can get answered?  

On a positive note, I gamed for hours this weekend and everything worked fine.

1: I am not sure that is something Iain would have to look into.

2: I would not worry about an online speed test's blank results, probably a bug on the site as many people are commenting about that.

1: I am not sure that is something Iain would have to look into.

2: I would not worry about an online speed test's blank results, probably a bug on the site as many people are commenting about that.

Cool bro, thanks for the insight.  Cheers

Archived