download speeds really low after .5 update

speedkingfox

Have you got turbo mode enabled, DPP disabled, and reactive selected? Also just chose Xbox Live or Play station network as they are the new ones.

just turned tm off, dpp is disabled and reactive selected. will reboot and try again. as usual top service and advice. fingers crossed

after long deliberation and doing multiple tests with and without the r1 i've decided to revert back to my superhub. net result. finding games super quick. super smooth gameplay.dl speeds now 140mb+ and 12mb upload rather than 20-40mb dl and 3-5mb upload. not all bad though as i am using r1 as a great wifi extender

I can assure you that the router does work. You may need to schedule a 1 on 1 with an admin so your settings may be tweaked. Like Zennon said earlier one major difference with the update is that the device prioritization affects Download and Upload, not just Upload. I believe the answer to your speed problems rest in the congestion area.

Also because your upload is over 120 you may try the turbo mode selection under settings/miscellaneous. Use reactive/turn off all the IPv6 selections under LAN/WAN/Settings>Miscellaneous. Turn off deep packet processing.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived