Not staying in a lobby.

TheGreatDansby

Awesome! What do you think the issue is? If you're at liberty to say.

From what you said my gut feeling is your geo filter is blocking a backend server somewhere, we whitelist every "needed" server for games  so it's "in theory" impossible to block them /exclude them on geo filter  but I think there's one in your location or one that deals with your location we've missed or more likely  its ip address has changed since we updated our whitelist.

From what you've described you can join lobbies find but then get booted so I think whats happening is when the game is then choosing a host or selecting a dedi you're blocking that particular service from pinging you..end result it boots you as there's no reply.

We've got Fraser doing his best Jack Kerouc impersonation virtually on the road all over the NE of 'Murica! till we nail it down.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what you said my gut feeling is your geo filter is blocking a backend server somewhere, we whitelist every "needed" server for games  so it's "in theory" impossible to block them /exclude them on geo filter  but I think there's one in your location or one that deals with your location we've missed or more likely  its ip address has changed since we updated our whitelist.

From what you've described you can join lobbies find but then get booted so I think whats happening is when the game is then choosing a host or selecting a dedi you're blocking that particular service from pinging you..end result it boots you as there's no reply.

We've got Fraser doing his best Jack Kerouc impersonation virtually on the road all over the NE of 'Murica! till we nail it down.

I have a list of Xbox Live servers...IP addresses if you'd like my list...

This is given with no questions asked.

Can you not post this sort of stuff on our forum buddy , we could incur the wrath of the first party platforms -Adam 

good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. Are you netduma folks going to update the whitelisted servers worldwide? I'm experiencing the same issue on the west coast near San Francisco.

Just to clarify, you're getting into a lobby with other players then being booted right?

does this happen if you turn the geo filter off completely or set it to a much wider range?

Could you take a screen shot of your geo filter page and post it please

Good to see, as I will be putting one to use in Virginia, hopefully early next week. But it appears some of these guy's are on the xbox, and I will be using a PS4. However if this becomes an issue for me, I know who to talk to about it :)

Good to see, as I will be putting one to use in Virginia, hopefully early next week. But it appears some of these guy's are on the xbox, and I will be using a PS4. However if this becomes an issue for me, I know who to talk to about it :)

Just to clarify its not an "issue" per se as in it affects everyone , it seems to be localized , while it may look weird as its East coast and now one West coast , that actually makes sense to us , don't worry will have this sorted soon its just a matter of tracking down the connection that's being blocked currently.

it's a bit like the networking equivalent of whack-a-mole but in reverse ;)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know, Fraser and Adam will be helping individuals today. I'm writing an upgrade that will address all the critical issues, these are things stopping people even connecting. Specfically pppoe, static WAN IP, mutable MAC address, etc. These are things that some peoples ISPs force on them that I had not anticipated. This should be done by tonight, I'll have to give a good test then pass onto the respective people.

Anyway, I have some ideas on how we can manually and automatically address the issues you're having(assuming the theory we have is correct). That is going to have my full attention after the first critical patch.  So the automatic one would hopefully run every 24hrs, but if you can't wait we'd have manual solutions. Just to be clear I think these issues will be very few and far between. But I'm just doing it for future protection. 

Thanks for your patience, and when you next get a chance to go online please let us know and we can help you immediately and hopefully get it resolved quickly.

Iain

The same thing is happening to me (Michigan, USA) I was just assuming I was joining a lobby with a potential host in it but if somebody else was chosen outside my geo filter, I got booted. It will back in and out multiple times before finally settling down in a game.

I think their theory at this point is that your geo-filter excludes the xbox live/PSN service servers that you need.

You can either:

1. find the blocked service server IP and add it to allow

2. expand the geo-filter

3. wait for their patch

I think their theory at this point is that your geo-filter excludes the xbox live/PSN service servers that you need.

You can either:

2. expand the geo-filter

3. wait for their patch

I can still get into lobbies so it's not a big deal. I don't mind bouncing around a bit. I'll just wait for the patch. :-)

You can either:

2. expand the geo-filter

3. wait for their patch

it has nothing to do with xbl/psn 

its game specific 

The same thing is happening to me (Michigan, USA) I was just assuming I was joining a lobby with a potential host in it but if somebody else was chosen outside my geo filter, I got booted. It will back in and out multiple times before finally settling down in a game. I'm on a xb1.

Actually Mi is in the catchment area where we know the problem is located , when you next go online *in theory*

Setting your home location to a point between you and NY city then setting the geo filter to cover both you and NY city should fix this and increase the amount of found games a lot .

Probably the best trade off so you get max amount of games and still have a low ping would be to set your home somewhere around cleveland and make sure you have ny city, and chicago inside the geo filter range.

Well supposedly Cod AW using a mixture of Dedicated servers, and P2P with listening servers. Same thing Cod Ghosts was supposedly using. I wonder if AW is really even using any dedicated server hosts? I know for sure with Ghosts, at least first couple months it was out, there was dedicated servers being used in new jersey for east coast of US.

Actually Mi is in the catchment area where we know the problem is located , when you next go online *in theory*

Setting your home location to a point between you and NY city then setting the geo filter to cover both you and NY city should fix this and increase the amount of found games a lot .

Probably the best trade off so you get max amount of games and still have a low ping would be to set your home somewhere around cleveland and make sure you have ny city, and chicago inside the geo filter range.

How do I change my home location? I'm sure it's stupidly easy but I never tried.

Guest Netduma Fraser

How do I change my home location? I'm sure it's stupidly easy but I never tried.

On the Geo-filter there is a little house icon, beside the show legend check box. Click on the house and then click anywhere on the map :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Yep stupidly simple........lol. Thanks, I'll give it a shot as soon as I get home.

Haha no worries! We're here to help :) 

Just to clarify, you're getting into a lobby with other players then being booted right?

does this happen if you turn the geo filter off completely or set it to a much wider range?

Could you take a screen shot of your geo filter page and post it please

4NUaXjx.png

I am getting booted after getting into a lobby, but if I turn geo filter off or set it to a wider range, I am not getting booted.

Ok I moved to the Pittsburgh/Philadelphia region like you suggested ;-P. However, I'm still bouncing in and out of lobbies. I'd be willing to try anything you suggest (be a sacrificial lamb so to speak).. I'm a patient person and if I have to wait for a bug to be resolved with a patch, I'm fine with that. I can still get into games so I'm happy. btw........my nephew and I finally got to play together since I got the router. It was the first time that we both had an excellent connection to a host in AW. The games played flawlessly. We got our butts kicked one round but the game played fair. We were up against a better team than us. Simple as that.

This issue has been resolved for me thanks to Netduma_Iain. He troubleshot with me and took data from my router to find out what the issue was and fixed it. I'm finding games very quickly in various gamemodes and not getting kicked from lobbies very often and I'm searching in less than 250 km! He told me he is going to implement a system that we can use a button that will be added to the geo filter menu  when you are experiencing this problem so it can be fixed asap. They hope to have that feature up within a few days. These guys made an amazing product and are continuing to make it better! Let's get the word out on this amazing product!  I will be posting a review at my youtube channel if you would like to watch it. http://youtube.com/itzdansby

•  

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Dan, was a pleasure to help. Really appreciate you being so patient.

To everyone else with the lobby backout, please can you hold on a couple days while I implement the solution for everyone. In the meantime just slightly increase your geo-filter and you should be good to go. The new solution will mean we should be protected from any future changes out of our control. People will notice something, press the button and an upgrade should be sent out real quick and all users will benefit. 

Thanks again everyone

Archived