• Netduma Staff

Any way I can work out the IP address of the printer via the netduma? Atm there isn't one showing. Could try that as a way to get through to the printers settings interface via browser.

If it doesn't have an IP then it means it isn't connected at the moment. Is it possible to factory reset the printer? Maybe it is still remembering network settings from the older printer or something like that :)

Any way I can work out the IP address of the printer via the netduma? Atm there isn't one showing. Could try that as a way to get through to the printers settings interface via browser.

You could run an IP scan of your LAN subnet and see if it shows up there, something like angry IP scanner should do the trick

If it doesn't have an IP then it means it isn't connected at the moment. Is it possible to factory reset the printer? Maybe it is still remembering network settings from the older printer or something like that :)

Haha. Forgive my delirious laughter. I've successfully done a factory reset on the wifi several times and rerun the installer to set the wifi up but it gets stuck when it comes to initialising a connection between the printer and the computer.

I agree with crossy then the printer doesn't seem like it's connected.

At this point personally I would redo the printer setup from scratch

That's the issue. I can't. Somewhere in the process of my printer initiating a connection with the PC during the setup process, the Netduma prevents it from communicating something important. Reason I seem so insistent on the R1 being the issue is because this is usually a seemless process with my ISP modem router.

That's the issue. I can't. Somewhere in the process of my printer initiating a connection with the PC during the setup process, the Netduma prevents it from communicating something important. Reason I seem so insistent on the R1 being the issue is because this is usually a seemless process with my ISP modem router.

What make and model printer is it?

Unfortunately no wired option :/

May or may not help but if your printer has a thunderbolt slot on it you can get a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter which allows you to connect hardwired to your router.

Like I said this may or may not help but when people can't connect wirelessly and the devise doesn't show up in the duma,when they connect via hardwire it seems to solve the issue of the duma not seeing the device and allows you to connect.

Your milage may vary

Turns out I didn't have to use the EpsonNET Config software at all. In case you have others that run into this problem, they will need:

A computer/laptop that can be wired to the printer (via USB) and the computer/wireless device you are trying to connect the printer to.

I had to use my laptop, hook it up to the printer, and run the install software but instead of using the recommended setup, I had to use the "Setup with temporary USB cable" option.

Run through the software and install it on the wired computer. My guess would be that this enables the printer to recognise the router and the router is forced to allow the printer's communications through.

Run the software again on the wireless computer using the Wifi setup option, et voila, it magically connects and doesn't get stuck on establishing a connection.

If you guys have any more of a technical viewpoint or any knowledge bombs you'd like to drop me go ahead, because it might help me troubleshoot problems like this a lot easier in the future, and I would also be genuinely interested in learning about how the router works in situations like these.

Thanks for the assistance everyone.

Side note - Any way of tagging people in forum posts such as this one? Like how you can use @ on Twitter.

• Administrators

Ahh that is fantastic news! 

In terms of any additional hardware like, monitors, printers etc it is always a good idea to check the manufacturers website for updated drivers or software. In this case it looked like the software allowed you to connect to the R1 wifi. Not exactly sure why that would be the case but glad it worked!

No but the next forum upgrade will allow you to do that! - coming soon

Archived