I have previously spoken about how the Netduma seems to really struggle in my house. Recently I had a trusted IT guy in to help me set up an issue with my wireless printer. I have been told that the Lenovo All-in-One PC's wireless network card may be incompatible with the Netduma. In addition to these wireless issues, whenever the family wants to stream video from the Samsung smart TV (ITV Player through the Smart Hub), it can't do it while I am on the Playstation, even with Anti-Flood at 100%.

This is incredibly confusing as I can have 2 people on Skype, the Playstation on and a video stream running on various tablets and computers, hence why I'm starting to think it's a compatibility issue between the wireless card in the R1 and the computer and printer.

Turn it off and also put sliders to 70/70. Are all devices connected to the R1 or are some connected to the hub?

All are connected to the R1. If I set the sliders to 70, won't that make it less likely the TV will work, as there is less upload and download available?

• Netduma Staff

All are connected to the R1. If I set the sliders to 70, won't that make it less likely the TV will work, as there is less upload and download available?

What are your internet speeds? :) Having it at 70 should mean that your ping never increases.

• Netduma Staff

Should I bump it back to 100% whenever I'm not gaming? Or is that no longer a thing anymore?

Yeah, when not gaming bump it back up. But if there is anything that you are doing that matters on no packet loss or is time sensitive (Skype calls etc) then I'd put it back down to 70 :)

Yeah, when not gaming bump it back up. But if there is anything that you are doing that matters on no packet loss or is time sensitive (Skype calls etc) then I'd put it back down to 70 :)

Does that include HD video streaming? My concern isn't lag when gaming. My concern is that the TV can't stream while I am gaming. So a suggestion on anti-flood and prioritisation settings would be helpful for that environment.

• Netduma Staff

Does that include HD video streaming? My concern isn't lag when gaming. My concern is that the TV can't stream while I am gaming. So a suggestion on anti-flood and prioritisation settings would be helpful for that environment.

I'm not sure how much bandwidth HD video streaming takes up but even if you have the sliders at 70% you'll still have about 10Mbps to use which should be plenty for gaming and streaming as gaming only uses a tiny amount of bandwidth.

Hey guys. I'm still having serious issues attempting to connect to my printer. It is an Epson XP-205 207 series and now I can't even connect to the printer (before the printer was working but the scanner wasn't). Help would be appreciated on this front. The printer-scanner works fine when connected to the Sky Hub.

• Netduma Staff

Hey guys. I'm still having serious issues attempting to connect to my printer. It is an Epson XP-205 207 series and now I can't even connect to the printer (before the printer was working but the scanner wasn't). Help would be appreciated on this front. The printer-scanner works fine when connected to the Sky Hub.

Is the printer connected to the Duma and all devices that want to use it also connected to the Duma?

• 1 month later...

Does the printer show up on device manager?

So I've left this issue alone for a while and just been using the printer with my laptop via USB. Now I've come back to it and the printer is showing in device manager, but then so are a lot of other devices that aren't even connected to the network. The Netduma won't let me delete some devices, saying that they are active, when they aren't, hence why I am not convinced that the fact that my printers name showing in Device Manager means anything at all. The setup program won't connect my printer to my computer over the wireless network. Any suggestions?

• Netduma Staff

Sorry, I didn't see you're response to my question before :)

If you're connected to them within the DHCP lease time, then I think they will show up as active.

At least if it shows in the device manager it means it connected at some point. Sorry if you've posted this already, but is it wired or wireless?

Just to quickly add regarding your printer... I had issues with my printer when I set a static IP from its interface, couldn't connect couldn't print so I set the printer to DHCP and reserved its IP address in the R1 and had no issues since.  Might be worth a go

Sorry, I didn't see you're response to my question before :)

If you're connected to them within the DHCP lease time, then I think they will show up as active.

At least if it shows in the device manager it means it connected at some point. Sorry if you've posted this already, but is it wired or wireless?

No worries! It is wireless.

Just to quickly add regarding your printer... I had issues with my printer when I set a static IP from its interface, couldn't connect couldn't print so I set the printer to DHCP and reserved its IP address in the R1 and had no issues since.  Might be worth a go

Thanks, I'll look into this. How would I go about setting the printer to DHCP when I can't access it's interface though?

Archived