I want to keep my other router for non gaming

opa

I just purchased a netduma, but i want to keep my other router. How would I set it up? modem to other router to netduma? or would i get more ladg if i use modem to other router to netduma? I only want the netduma for my gaming system

Hi opa, welcome to the forum :)

If this is your setup...  ISP modem/router> Old router> Netduma

look in your old router settings to find a feature called DMZ, when you connect the Duma to your old router it will give it an ip address. Note this address down then type it in on your old routers DMZ page and apply changes.

Please note, if you connect other devices before the Netduma to your old router, the Duma has no control over how the other devices behave in using/consuming bandwidth so therefore miss out on the features of the Netduma.

Hi opa, welcome to the forum :)

If this is your setup...  ISP modem/router> Old router> Netduma

look in your old router settings to find a feature called DMZ, when you connect the Duma to your old router it will give it an ip address. Note this address down then type it in on your old routers DMZ page and apply changes.

Please note, if you connect other devices before the Netduma to your old router, the Duma has no control over how the other devices behave in using/consuming bandwidth so therefore miss out on the features of the Netduma.

But will i still be able to utilize the geofilter?

Sorry, how do you mean ? You can utilise the geo-filter either way but you should take Buck's advice above as thats how they have it setup without problems,

my setup is a bit different so they have more hands on experience  :)

Yup,if you set it up as Buck suggested you get all the benefits of the duma and the 5GHz and or AC if you put your other router in AP mode.Just be sure to disable the 2.4 Ghz on your other router as it will interfere with the duma's 2.4

Archived