Couple questions

I just got a dedicated line with modem for gaming. Speed is 80 down 45 up.

How would you set it up in the Duma. Meaning reactive

Download speeds upload

It's just my ps4 and laptop for running the Duma.

Device priority percent. What would you set it all up as

Just follow these directions and you should be golden.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netduma

When choking, is it OK just to scale back your sliders to say.. I dont know, 40% for both upload and download? Instead of inputting a fictional number in the bandwidth? Just I'm sick of having to change it back and forth for different needs.. So can I throttle by just sliding back?

Like Buck posted read the wiki that will help a ton.

And most start with 70/70 and you can tweak from there.

Also I would follow secretfaces advice and run that test on different settings on your sliders on your duma to find and tweak your settings so your as optimized as you can get.You took the trouble to run a dedicated line just for gaming,why not take those little steps to make sure your getting all you can out of it... :D

The reason to you the congestion control sliders is just that to stop local congestion.

If I have my sliders at 5% or 70& the game plays the same.

If you move the sliders the next game you might have more noobs in the lobby now you think you have unlocked the master-plan and its worked, nope gaming takes so little amount of packets to play and whether you have 1000000tb up and down or 1mb each way it only sends that amount of packets nothing else the rest of the bandwidth is idle.

So the sliders stop people in the house from taking tooooo much bandwidth correct?

Like Z it leaves headroom for your gaming.I would set sliders to 70/70 and see how it goes and adjust as needed.

www.dslreports.com

Run the test, if you do not get an A+  for bufferbloat then you need to decrease the sliders until you do or just use the recommended settings of 70/70.  You do not need to use the device prioritization adjustment (the flower) if it is the only device on your network.  

www.dslreports.com

Run the test, if you do not get an A+  for bufferbloat then you need to decrease the sliders until you do or just use the recommended settings of 70/70.  You do not need to use the device prioritization adjustment (the flower) if it is the only device on your network.  

I just ran that and at first got a "D." Adjusted the sliders to 70/70 and got an "A." I'll keep shooting for a A+, but do I need to be concerned with the quality and speed because I got an F for quality and a F for speed after moving sliders to 70%. Before moving sliders they weren't that bad.

Also, does this need to be done while wired into the modem or of wifi?

Definitely needs to be done wired. It is odd that the bufferbloat is an A and the quality is F. I would not be overly concerned about the speed. I have a 90/12 and can't get a speed grade above C. But we definitely need to get the quality a better grade.

I get an A for speed and connection settings at 70mb down and 7.27 up and sliders at 80% and the game works anything more for that at speed setting and I loose my a+ rating for bufferbloat and I start running behind evryone else. I don't know why it works but it has been working for me at these settings. I stuck my other router after my modem and before the R1 after getting this to work so the rest of my house can abuse the 180 down while I don't have to change back and forth on the R1 I can just leave alone. That is until Lagdovision or The duma boys update something and I may need to adjust.

Archived