Ping Assist

Quick question about Ping Assist; If I set my PA to let's say 50ms and drop my home location in the ocean and drop my radius as low as possible will that assure me to get hosts up to 50ms? I was told be another Netduma user that if the game can't find a host that low that it will gradually increase to hosts over the PA setting till it finds one.

The reason I ask is because I've been using this technique for BO3 and I've been getting some pretty awesome lobbies but once in a while I would get a Dedi and ping it at 80ms even though my PA was set to 50ms

Dedi's are the exception I think. You can't block (but that's coming in a update) them/rate them.

That's a issue with BO3, and the Wizards at NETDUMA will have a fix for that soon.

But theoretically, yes, if you put it at 50ms, it'll look for games around or below that ping.

I still get those wtf moments. And in those instances when I get put in a laggy lobby (yeah lagging with a 30ms ping lobby - people just skipping) or a lobby above 50ms ping I just back out.

I still get those wtf moments. And in those instances when I get put in a laggy lobby (yeah lagging with a 30ms ping lobby - people just skipping) or a lobby above 50ms ping I just back out.

Yeah I se it on 11ms ping lobbies too. I was able to play 3 games and the last game was bad.

Yep, 25ms ping and laggy as all hell. If it's above my PA (30ms) and it's stable, I'll play it. Once it starts to getting weird, I'm out.

One thing I've noticed is sometimes I think I'm gonna have a great game...18 ms lobby and it turns out to be shit.And other times I think I'm gonna get punished...50 plus ms lobby and I have a great game.

It's all so subjective as to who else is connected to your dedi and where their from,what their ping is and who's doing what on everyone's network at the time the gamer gets in your lobby and the game starts.

Like I've always said so many variables that go into what makes a good or bad lobby.

One thing I've noticed is sometimes I think I'm gonna have a great game...18 ms lobby and it turns out to be shit.And other times I think I'm gonna get punished...50 plus ms lobby and I have a great game.

It's all so subjective as to who else is connected to your dedi and where their from,what their ping is and who's doing what on everyone's network at the time the gamer gets in your lobby and the game starts.

Like I've always said so many variables that go into what makes a good or bad lobby.

I have found that I have better games with pings around 50-60mS.  Games with pings around or lower then 30mS seem to be very inconsistent (or outright bad) for me. 

I have found that I have better games with pings around 50-60mS. Games with pings around or lower then 30mS seem to be very inconsistent (or outright bad) for me.

And that is on the "M" version?

Archived