PS4 Disk drive

I hear something that runs and stops like the disc drive.

Hey Alex, I have had your problem before. Its a repetative disc 'eject' noise, this is caused by the rubber foot under the PS4 touching the eject button.

Its in the centre of the PS4 under both touch buttons.

You need to turn off the PS4, pull out all the cables then hold the power button on to clear the ram. Then spin it over and force the rubber foot away from the touch button.

I had to use a Stanley blade & cut a little off the button as mine was constantly touching. It didn't happen for about 8-9 months but if you accidently slide your PS4 away from you on a sturdy surface then this will cause the foot to slide forward again...

Hey Alex, I have had your problem before. Its a repetative disc 'eject' noise, this is caused by the rubber foot under the PS4 touching the eject button.

Its in the centre of the PS4 under both touch buttons.

You need to turn off the PS4, pull out all the cables then hold the power button on to clear the ram. Then spin it over and force the rubber foot away from the touch button.

I had to use a Stanley blade & cut a little off the button as mine was constantly touching. It didn't happen for about 8-9 months but if you accidently slide your PS4 away from you on a sturdy surface then this will cause the foot to slide forward again...

I think that is what it is. I lifted the PS4 and I saw the rubber line sticking out. Will try this.

I thought my PS4 bit the dust when it happened to me lol.

I can't think why it just tries over & over to eject though, its definitely timed or stuck in a loop even if you move the foot... its impossible to put a disc in also. Thats why you have to clear the ram.

At the time I thought my AW disc was stuck inside so I tried turning the eject screw (manual eject) but nothing happened    :blink:    I was panicking...

... until my better half opened the AW case :lol:

It was exactly what you said Yam Yam. I did what you advised except for cutting the rubber part. It isn't doing it anymore. Thank you sir and everyone else too.

This thread is done. #DumaArmy

Archived