All US west coast BO3 players......

r8rs4lf

I wanted to start a thread for us so maybe we can share our settings, home location, etc. I finally got my GEO filter issues sorted out thanks to Iain, but I've been getting my @$$ beat. I hate to complain about the lag, but it is making the game completely unplayable for me. It's the old shoot first, die first thing and it's killing me. Getting shot around corners as well. Watching the kill cam and that is not what I saw WTF moments. You get the point!!

You can add the good or the bad to this thread. I'd just like to see what kind of lobbies everyone is getting and how it played for you.

I'm on the PS4. EVERYTHING I connect to in California where I'm based is nothing but lag. Whether it be dedicated servers or P2P hosts. So I've been moving my home around to see if I can find a decent host to play on. The spot where I been getting decent games is Kansas. Nothing great, just decent and way better than SoCal.

Just last night I got so frustrated with the lag, I disabled the Duma, placed my home in SoCal and actually got some positive games. Trying to understand what that was all about but because there's so many variables with online gaming, disabling that or changing this doesn't mean anything. It would be nice to eliminate things through process of elimination, but I think there's too many variables to actuall get positive feedback from that method. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to try it because what can I loose?

So if you want, add to this thread. This will only help all of us as we can share information.

My current settings are:

-Strict mode on

-PA set to 0.00ms

-Auto ping host on

-CC set to 70% on both

-Usually give my PS4 between 60-80% device prioritisation with share excess ticked.

-Auto and bleeding edge ticked

-Internet connection set to 18 up and .95 down according to speed test directly wired to modem.

-Algorithm set to preemptive.

-UPnP enabled

-PS4 hard wired to Duma

Going to fire up the PS4 now and start playing with some settings. I'll be back to post my findings.

Maybe way off the mark but retest with reactive as i have used team viewer to few users machines and reactive worked out much better even on under 50mb lines.

I did that and didn't see much improvement. I also upped my speed by 10 which I saw worked for some people with no good results. 

What did make a difference is when I disable the Duma. So it seems right now that somehow the Duma is making my games worse/lag. I get better hit detection with it off. Just a better overall game. Still going to do more testing and change things around to see if it gets better. I need to go over some of those Wiki pages to make sure I got everything set up right. I got to cover all the bases.

The UK server is very what I call stuttery so you move then stop for a split second the screen movement jerks this is the server as I have tried with and without the duma.

Also ive noticed games where my ping will be on a two bar, throughout the match get better to a 4 bar if i haven't got sick of the stuttering, all boils down to overloaded servers in my eye's.

Strange. I connect to Cali all the time and I get good games and I'm from Hawaii. Being that your in Cali, you games should be insane!

Are you running the latest firmware? Also, where's your geo filter covering? Is it only covering California? When you connect to Cali servers, are those dedicated servers or are you connecting via p2p? These are other variables that could be contributing to your lag. If it's p2p your playing on and you have lag, I would "deny" those people.

Archived