Wrong Home Location & IPv6 Setup

Hi, I receive the R1 today and is having two issues.

1. On Geo-filter page, it marks incorrect Home location. On the map, it's marked me at Australia, but I am in Taiwan. Is there anyway to adjust that?

2. For IPv6 setup, there is only options to enable or disable. IPv6 isn't working at all.

In previous router, I had to manually setup Static IPv6 with info given by ISP for it to work, but I see no place to enter those information.

Please advise solution, thank you very much.

As far as your home location goes,just simply move your home location to where it should be.To do this just click on the little house on your home filtering page and move your home location where it should be.

And the IPv6,I would assume just enable it on the duma.I don't know if you'd have to set a static IP for your IPv6 to work with the duma,But I'm sure someone will post behind me that can clarify 100 % on that issue.

Yeah. I would just enable the IPv6 on the WAN/LAN side. And if it doesn't work and not having IPv6 is an issue you may need to keep your old router as the primary router and place the R1 in the dmz or bridge it to the old router. Hope this helps.

First, thank you all for the help. Home location issue is no more.

The only issue left is IPv6. I have an IPv4/IPv6 dual stack connection, both are static IP addresses, no PPPoE required. I've tried to enable IPv6 on modem, but ISP told me that is not possible. I am left with connecting R1 through my old router, RT-N56U.

So far, IPv4 is running on R1 now, but still no IPv6 connection yet. I will keep trying after work today. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@Fraser, that's what I did, but IPv6 didn't work. I will give it another go later today.

*IPv6 is for YouTube. In Taiwan, IPv4 connection often has poor performance for YouTube in HD. IPv6 fixes that. No idea why, it just does. :)

• Netduma Staff

First, thank you all for the help. Home location issue is no more.

The only issue left is IPv6. I have an IPv4/IPv6 dual stack connection, both are static IP addresses, no PPPoE required. I've tried to enable IPv6 on modem, but ISP told me that is not possible. I am left with connecting R1 through my old router, RT-N56U.

So far, IPv4 is running on R1 now, but still no IPv6 connection yet. I will keep trying after work today. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@Fraser, that's what I did, but IPv6 didn't work. I will give it another go later today.

*IPv6 is for YouTube. In Taiwan, IPv4 connection often has poor performance for YouTube in HD. IPv6 fixes that. No idea why, it just does. :)

So you are just trying to give your PC an IPv6 address?

@Fraser

Good day. I entered static IPv4 info and applied all three IPv6 settings, IPv6 still didn't work.

It appears my PC NIC is assigned IPv6 info that I am not familiar with, completely different from ISP info.

I tried to enter IPv6 info manually into the NIC, but the above info still appears, and it only disappears if I disable IPv6 settings on R1.

1447351643-U4791.png

I'm still trying to get IPv6 connectivity through R1, trying two routers.

By the way, Did someone get Asus RT-N56U working with R1 on IPv6? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Out of curiosity, is there any chance manual configuration of IPv6 will be implemented in the future?

Archived