weird suggestion - audio feedback

just had this very odd idea, regard it more as a question for feedback rather than a fully backed suggestion

how about the geo-filter has an audio feedback when it finds players?

short high pitch = good ping, short low pitch = bad ping

or same for distance to you

not everyone has a browser actively running while gaming to monitor the geo-filter

this would be an idea to make screen monitoring not needed

i mean even if you have a screen next to you to monitor the geo-filter it somewhat sucks to pay attention to two screens at once, the game immerson definitely doesnt benefit from this

• Netduma Staff

I suppose that the only issue with this is that I think the browser would have to be open anyway and also, the ping changes, so there would be times where it would be wrong.

I don't mind the idea, I would definitely want a mute button, because a lot of the time I don't think that I would want it :D. I can see why some users would find it useful though.

Guest Netduma_Iain

It's funny you say that I believe the word ping came from the sonar sound user by submarines.

If I recall correctly the unix version of the ping command has an option to beep.

Surely this would do nothing but annoy

• Netduma Staff

Oh right, I see, so the actual router makes the beeping sound? I think that this would make my friends on the mic go mad. Also, the GeoFilter might not be able to know when you are in a game or not, for example if the host doesn't change.

Oh right, I see, so the actual router makes the beeping sound? I think that this would make my friends on the mic go mad. Also, the GeoFilter might not be able to know when you are in a game or not, for example if the host doesn't change.

no i didnt meant to make the router beeping but the browser creating a beep sound that you can hear via PC or smartphone

an audio cue on what is happening on the geo-filter

usually the geo-filter shows matching players way earlier than the game lists them into your lobby, this could prevent you from early quitting or refreshing the matchmaking search

as i said, this way you arent forced to watch two screens at the same time

Archived