Black Ops 3: NAT

Netduma Fraser

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really do that, since I have other stuff forwarded that that would break. I've tried 3074 on console A and 3075-4000 on console B. Per Activision's documentation that should have worked. Nada.

The problem seems to be that BLOPS3 seems to ignore forwarded ports and makes UPnP requests anyways. After a fresh reboot of the Netduma I had no entries on the UPnP page. I booted up BLOPS3 with the ports forwarded, ports showed up on the UPnP page. My post a few posts up has links to screenshots from my Netduma. 

One iteration of my static port forwarding (3075 for console A, 3076 for console B, which is what their documentation suggests)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji5xo6c2sxpgn6x/pfstatic.png?dl=0

My UPnP port mappings before a reboot. Multiple apps opening 3074/UDP??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqkfrxay56ulye2/upnp1.png?dl=0

My UPnP port mappings after a reboot. Despite the static forwarding, BLOPS3 tried opening the ports

https://www.dropbox.com/s/temf8i79kybr04c/upnp2.png?dl=0

What's weird is the Netduma seems to open the ports just fine, at least on a fresh reboot. I'm not sure what it is doing after awhile, if those rules expire after awhile and allow other apps to open the same port but it just doesn't get removed from that list or what.

Did you do a reset on the both xbox consoles using the both triggers and bumper buttons? There is a process to do that.

I'd try the 1 - 65535 to test to see if that may work. Get a hold of Rusto via PM on here and see what he's using.

Your ISP services doesn't have any NAT right?

"would" or "does"? Are you saying that this works, or that it should work?

If I had a second PS4 I would test for you, but I don't.

In theory, BO3 should ask for the next port when it sees the ones it wants are already in use.

In my case it should ask for 3075 and 9308 UDP.

If you look on the port forwarding page, you'll see what ports the first PS4 is using. 

So add 1 to those ports and forward the second PS4 with them. 

Not trying to bust your balls, just wondering if you had it working and I was doing something wrong. I've read Activision's documentation, and it "should" work but it doesn't. I've done everything short of forwarding every single other port to the 2nd PS4. Nothing that I've tried works. BLOPS3 mindlessly makes a UPnP request, even though the port is already opened, and the first PS4 to boot up gets an Open NAT and the second PS4 gets moderate. 

Not trying to bust your balls, just wondering if you had it working and I was doing something wrong. I've read Activision's documentation, and it "should" work but it doesn't. I've done everything short of forwarding every single other port to the 2nd PS4. Nothing that I've tried works. BLOPS3 mindlessly makes a UPnP request, even though the port is already opened, and the first PS4 to boot up gets an Open NAT and the second PS4 gets moderate. 

it's cool.

That's why I want a DMZ option on the Netduma.

The problem may be the Demonware port that BO3 uses. 

It may only try that one specific port and if it's already used then it will just show Moderate since the other port for gaming packets is OPEN. 

I to would like to see DMZ on the R1 however not for gaming. DMZ I would presume like any other router, would eliminate the gaming functions of the R1 for a gaming device in the DMZ thus causing problems with a gaming device that is out side of the DMZ and working with the R1s gaming programming to make it all work. Use of a DMZ would not allow any gaming program on the R1 to be used would avoid any router management processes and puts the device on the front lines and all ports open to it unhindered by the R1.

Guys, I wish I had 2 open ports for BO3. Unfortunately this problem has plagued me since the games release.I have opened all the ports advertised, reset everything, winked at it and  given it a kick.

I have NO problems with any other call of duty just this this one. 

I have mates that this happens to as well and their just playing behind a normal router.

I don't think its a false reading I believe treyach has not addressed the issue. 

Is there anyone on here that runs 2 PS4's off the same internet connection and gives them to open nat types? If so please share your wisdom.