messing around with an old router

i heard that bufferbloat was a problem with games and came across "fq_codel" so i installed openwrt with fq_codel in my old linksys router to see if it really worked. it made a noticeable difference in my gaming, lag seemed to be very little, most surprisingly for COD advanced warfare. only problem was it had extremely slow download speed for me, probably didnt adjust something right .i wonder if this could be something included in the next update? maybe an on off button for it.?

I am getting B and A with preemptive and A A with reactive but my download max is 28 MB so preemptive should be the right setting for me. Do you think it is worth trying a few games on the reactive setting to see if it makes much difference?

Have you tested with the reactive setting / sliders set to 70% each way?[/quote
Have you tested with the reactive setting / sliders set to 70% each way?

Tried both preemptive is A, A, C reactive is B, B,F. Even on preemptive I get AAC the upload Bufferbloat meter will go 4ms 20ms 300ms so on so forth, but download stays 20ms and lower never over.

• Administrators

You should be able to receive the same result with anti-flood as Zennon says.

ame="Zennon" post="63766" timestamp="1446548923"]Have you tested with the reactive setting / sliders set to 70% each way?[/quote

Tried both preemptive is A, A, C reactive is B, B,F. Even on preemptive I get AAC the upload Bufferbloat meter will go 4ms 20ms 300ms so on so forth, but download stays 20ms and lower never over.

Try experimenting with differently % until you find one that works for you

Will do been trying today, got to 80% cc set both ways today with no further improvement on upload peaking

What is your base upload speed?

Have you tried share excess, reset distribution, update distribution?

It is worth testing as I have found in the past the QOS can give higher ping's than without , I have never used the flower so can not comment on how the duma fairs.

I am getting B and A with preemptive and A A with reactive but my download max is 28 MB so preemptive should be the right setting for me. Do you think it is worth trying a few games on the reactive setting to see if it makes much difference?

Reactive in some cases works better for under 50mb bandwidths I would test it out for a few days yes.

that pesky cod advanced warfare has turned me into a mad scientist, lol

one other thought was ,extremely unscientific way of testing this with speed test ,it seemed to get rid of jitter i had "spikes" when testing download upload that leveled out a lot. a problem with my isp.

Archived