Still connecting to terrible dedicated server

Hello again,

I had somebody from netduma remote to my PC and check my settings, I upgraded to the latest firmware and the engineer changed my home location BUT I am still connecting to this terrible dedicated host.  Is there nothing that can be done to avoid it?  EverytimeI get a game connected to this server I am lagging way behind the opposing team.

Thanks

post-4492-0-78730800-1446404608_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

I have peer ping unchecked, ping assist set to zero and strict mode enabled...

I have moved my location into europe, should I remove my allowed hosts that I have given a good rating?

That host can't have been rated as it was a dedi. Can you post a screen shot of your GeoFilter page which shows this host and also a screen shot of the very top of your GeoFilter.

Yeah that dedi is horrid try this below with stricked ticked i kept a screen shot on my phone just in case i got hooked up to it again although this was on ghosts ps3 never seen it since.

IMAG0343.jpg

If you don't want to connect to that circle within your GeoFilter you need to move your home location so that it isn't in your GeoFilter radius.

That's what I've done, but no matter where I move my home location sooner or later I can connected to that dedicated server that is somewhere in or near the south east of the UK

• Netduma Staff

That's what I've done, but no matter where I move my home location sooner or later I can connected to that dedicated server that is somewhere in or near the south east of the UK

Can you take a screen shot when you connect to it and it is outside of your GeoFilter :)

• Netduma Staff

it always comes up on my host descriptor, see the screen shot I posted earlier. Thanks

I think you need to zoom out as it is probs on west cost of US or something if it is at that distance. Are you sure ping assist is disabled, the GeoFilter is enabled and you've waited 2-3mins for dormant hosts to clear?

I think you need to zoom out as it is probs on west cost of US or something if it is at that distance. Are you sure ping assist is disabled, the GeoFilter is enabled and you've waited 2-3mins for dormant hosts to clear?

yeah its on the west coast when I do a trace, but the 1st point in the trace is somewhere in the south east uk, my trace screen shot shows it. PA is disabled, geo filter is enabled, (it says disable..so I assume that means it is enabled.)

it would be sweet it I could avoid that dedi as it is nothing but horrendous lag for me

• Netduma Staff

yeah its on the west coast when I do a trace, but the 1st point in the trace is somewhere in the south east uk, my trace screen shot shows it. PA is disabled, geo filter is enabled, (it says disable..so I assume that means it is enabled.)

it would be sweet it I could avoid that dedi as it is nothing but horrendous lag for me

The trace is just showing that one of the hops is in the south. Does an actual circle show in the US? If it does can you screen shot that when you connect to it. What I need to see if the circle of the host that you don't want to connect to :)

The trace is just showing that one of the hops is in the south. Does an actual circle show in the US? If it does can you screen shot that when you connect to it. What I need to see if the circle of the host that you don't want to connect to :)

I'll do this tonight when I get in from work.

Thanks

• Administrators

It seemed like it was blocking the UK in our 1 on 1 yesterday. Are you referring to the trace route exclusively or do you actually see a host in the UK? The trace route is inaccurate, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. In fact we were thinking about removing the feature all together

It seemed like it was blocking the UK in our 1 on 1 yesterday. Are you referring to the trace route exclusively or do you actually see a host in the UK? The trace route is inaccurate, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. In fact we were thinking about removing the feature all together

Not really sure whats going on but I have rated the dedi with 1% and given it a handle: 'bad host' and 80% of the time that I get into a game that host comes up on the host descriptor,

for example if I am connected to a good host, and then that host leaves it defaults to that bad host in the descriptor

• Netduma Staff

Not really sure whats going on but I have rated the dedi with 1% and given it a handle: 'bad host' and 80% of the time that I get into a game that host comes up on the host descriptor,

for example if I am connected to a good host, and then that host leaves it defaults to that bad host in the descriptor

You can't block dedis. Your need to press the 'update' button for the rating to be applied and on a dedi that button won't be there. Therefore the only way to avoid the server is to move your home location to it is not in the radius, enable strict mode and set ping assist to 0.

• Netduma Staff

Yes there is no update button but there is the rating slider. No matter where i move my location sooner or later that bad host handle appears on the host descriptior and when i ping it i get > 150ms and awful lag. See my 1st screenshot

Ok, but what matters is where the circle is appearing on the GeoFilter. If it is just the host descriptor box showing with no circle to correspond to on the GeoFilter then I think you can just ignore that :)

Archived