Best settings on Destiny IMO

Hi guys,

for those who need some help on Destiny, these are my settings for the game.

I'm on PS4 but i think you can use it on the Xbox one.

For Xbox One users:

- Don't use port forwarding and make sure that "UPNP" and "Enable UPNP forwarding" are ticked

- Don't use a static IP for the Xbox One on the Netduma (there is some issues on that part)

For PS4 users: 

- Make sure that "UPNP" and "Enable UPNP forwarding" are unticked

On my ISP router, three settings are active:

- Static IP adress (with the netduma MAC address)

1446279265-10.png

- DMZ (with the netduma IP address)

1446278818-9.png

- Port triggering on one IP address (with the netduma IP adress)

1446278692-8.png

On the Netduma router, these are my settings for Destiny:

- Host Filtering

1446279561-1.png

- Congestion control

1446279562-2.png

1446279784-3.png

- Port forwarding 

1446279562-4.png

- LAN

1446279574-5.png

- WAN

1446279574-6.png

- Miscellaneous (if you're on PS4, make sure that "UPNP" and "Enable UPNP forwarding" are unticked)

1446279574-7.png

- DHCP Lease

1446279887-11.png

After that, unplug your Netduma and reboot your ISP router then you can replug your Netduma.

For those who are sceptical, those are my new gameplays on those settings:

Hi im on Xbox one i noticed you didn't have peer ping ticked,auto ping unticked..as per the Wiki settings,im on Virgin super hub,its in modem mode..I have my oung set to zero strict mode unticked.

My issue is i still get 100ms ping hosts even in my geo filter,had good games last night and laggy ones.

But i still think thats destiny.

Hi im on Xbox one i noticed you didn't have peer ping ticked,auto ping unticked..as per the Wiki settings,im on Virgin super hub,its in modem mode..I have my oung set to zero strict mode unticked.

My issue is i still get 100ms ping hosts even in my geo filter,had good games last night and laggy ones.

But i still think thats destiny.

You don't need auto ping or peer ping ticked: it's just a way to see if players have good connections.

If you need some help on your router, tell me.

Well wouldnt mind a run through thats for sure not really sure if its set up right, i only play destiny pvp and teally struggle to understand if im set up correctly? Ive been studying alot of info on the setups and really dont no if im correct

Would love some information,would certainly put my mind at rest,im on the Xbox one.

Great vids as well ..

Great post Chive should be a sticky i played for a little bit last night before swapping over for some ol school cod on Ps3 and noticed Destiny is struggling even further with connections like everyone was on a green yellow bar yo yo every sec.  Duma does it's job but after that bungie need to pull their finger out with the connection matchmaking my neighbour might aswell have he's familly on netflix ipayer prime and on and on to only see him pinging 100 and screwing everyone else over and he's not even aware of it.

Noticed in your settings you use the google servers something i've never tried have you done this without port forwarding?

Great post Chive should be a sticky i played for a little bit last night before swapping over for some ol school cod on Ps3 and noticed Destiny is struggling even further with connections like everyone was on a green yellow bar yo yo every sec. Duma does it's job but after that bungie need to pull their finger out with the connection matchmaking my neighbour might aswell have he's familly on netflix ipayer prime and on and on to only see him pinging 100 and screwing everyone else over and he's not even aware of it.

Noticed in your settings you use the google servers something i've never tried have you done this without port forwarding?

Yes, Bungie should work on a new matchmaking before a halloween event.

Also, they need to ban all lagswitchers and add alerts for those who have bad connections.

I use google servers because those are the fastest dns servers for my connection but it works for everyone else for the most part.

Port forwarding is the key to get the best connection on that game (you can see the way i can melt everyone with just a last word :) ).

Yes.

It will be:

Cable connection

Manual IP address

192.168.88.....(PS4 address)

192.168.88.1(Netduma address)

Got Ya all done just had an hr+ and your settings definetly make a difference although the red barrers are still a P.I.T.A but the hit detection is on another level on the good side weird thing for me is on a small geo i'm on a yellow half bar or a half green bar but when i extend my geo to the set up pic below to stricked i'm constantly green and not getting booted.

IMAG0345.jpg

Great tips again Chive here's a Mida Melt to show your set up works great  B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFGjAzVfrSk&feature=youtu.be

Got Ya all done just had an hr+ and your settings definetly make a difference although the red barrers are still a P.I.T.A but the hit detection is on another level on the good side weird thing for me is on a small geo i'm on a yellow half bar or a half green bar but when i extend my geo to the set up pic below to stricked i'm constantly green and not getting booted.

IMAG0345.jpg

Great tips again Chive here's a Mida Melt to show your set up works great B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFGjAzVfrSk&feature=youtu.be

Wow it works like hell for you :D

I think the settings are perfect for the PS4 but i don't know how to do the same on Xbox.

If someone can help me on that part to make the best tutorial, it will be awesome !

Nice had this last night as well red bar god mode..also hard to find who it is when your playing,you say you had that on strict mode ticked?As i had yellow connection on 550 km on geo filter,maybe i should widen it.

Also how you doing these you tube vids lol.

Nice had this last night as well red bar god mode..also hard to find who it is when your playing,you say you had that on strict mode ticked?As i had yellow connection on 550 km on geo filter,maybe i should widen it.

Also how you doing these you tube vids lol noticed this the smaller the geo the more i was on a full or half yellow bar the wider i made then i was on a constant green

I noticed this also with the geo the smaller i had it resulted in a yellow bar and then extending it resulted in a geen bar try out the home and circle distance i posted above if your in that area with Chive's set up and yeah i was on stricked booted once in about five matches this was on PS4 tho not sure why so many are having issues with the booting maybe modem related.

Vids i just use an old capture card i've had for a long time.

Archived