Black ops 3 server status

mark

Sort of off topic question.  Are the servers owned and maintained by Activision or the actual developer (i.e. Treyarch, Sledgehammer)?  I have been trying to find the answer but seem to get conflicting results.  In many direct quotes from the game developers, it seems that the servers are from the game developers.  

If you know, do you have any links to support it one way or another?

I always thought they were owned by activision no proof of that I've played prob 2 hours so far and it's been a mix of p2p and Dedis prob more p2p lets hope it stays like it had some decent games still get the wtf moments though but it wouldn't be cod without those

I'm pretty sure servers are owned by Activision... Because of the simple fact the amount of money needed to host at large data centers through third-party companies like Choopa, etc. If they were owned by the devs, a lot of the problems in the last few years would have been minimized (IMO) because they would get direct feedback from players and if it meant adjusting things like server tick rate, they could more easily do it than Activision due to less bureaucracy and because they have everything to gain by actually listening to criticism instead of just ignoring it.  

I'm pretty sure servers are owned by Activision... Because of the simple fact the amount of money needed to host at large data centers through third-party companies like Choopa, etc. If they were owned by the devs, a lot of the problems in the last few years would have been minimized (IMO) because they would get direct feedback from players and if it meant adjusting things like server tick rate, they could more easily do it than Activision due to less bureaucracy and because they have everything to gain by actually listening to criticism instead of just ignoring it.  

That is what I assumed too, but I cannot find any documented confirmation of this.  I was just hoping that someone knew of a reference to prove or disprove it.  Reviewing older game information, I assumed the Activision owned them but they were being maintained and updated by the game developers for their actual games.  

Archived