Halo 5 Netduma Support

Hey Netdumas :)

will we get a Halo 5 support for the Netduma?

im playing the multiplayer right now and by watching the geo-filter it doesnt seem to work all that well with the R1

while once the game actually runs you can see the dedicated server on the geo-filter, you dont really have any control over which dedicated server you play on

when you are lucky you play on a Dedi within your range and you dont get kicked, but when you are unlucky you find a full lobby and you cannot get into the game because it goes to a Dedi outside of your range

here is how the matchmaking process works from what i can recall, i guess its helpfull

1) the game searches for players from around the word (for EU its EU and USA), you dont have any control over the players joining the lobby with the R1 for that as no circles appear on the worldmap

2) when the lobby is full you are rooted to a Dedi server located close to where most players from the lobby are

since you have no control over who gets into the lobby in point 1) you automatically also have no control over which Dedi server you play on

sometimes i am in a EU lobby and sometimes im in a US lobby which kicks me out of the game since i block anything outside of EU

At the time this written, i doubt very few people have the game as it hasn't really been released yet.  Hopefully after the game fully releases over the next day we'll see it working and matching better with a population :)

That's exactly how it worked in beta Od1n. I can't see what can be done to make it work better?

Game matches the players and then picks the server. Server selection outside geo-filter and no game.

I ended up turning off the geo-filter for the beta, was more hassle than it was worth. I would be delighted if they can do something but can't think what!

That's exactly how it worked in beta Od1n. I can't see what can be done to make it work better?

Game matches the players and then picks the server. Server selection outside geo-filter and no game.

I ended up turning off the geo-filter for the beta, was more hassle than it was worth. I would be delighted if they can do something but can't think what!

ok good to know

could this be similar to how Destiny handles its multiplayer?

i know there have been issues in the past with it and players got kicked from the Dedi server and the general recommendation was to play it without geo-filter, but with the latest firmware its now fully compatible

Hey Netdumas :)

will we get a Halo 5 support for the Netduma?

im playing the multiplayer right now and by watching the geo-filter it doesnt seem to work all that well with the R1

while once the game actually runs you can see the dedicated server on the geo-filter, you dont really have any control over which dedicated server you play on

when you are lucky you play on a Dedi within your range and you dont get kicked, but when you are unlucky you find a full lobby and you cannot get into the game because it goes to a Dedi outside of your range

here is how the matchmaking process works from what i can recall, i guess its helpfull

1) the game searches for players from around the word (for EU its EU and USA), you dont have any control over the players joining the lobby with the R1 for that as no circles appear on the worldmap

2) when the lobby is full you are rooted to a Dedi server located close to where most players from the lobby are

since you have no control over who gets into the lobby in point 1) you automatically also have no control over which Dedi server you play on

sometimes i am in a EU lobby and sometimes im in a US lobby which kicks me out of the game since i block anything outside of EU

Are you crazy!  The creators of Netduma are Halo fans.  Of course Halo will be getting support.  It's COD fans that need to worry!  Just kidding! :D

ok good to know

could this be similar to how Destiny handles its multiplayer?

i know there have been issues in the past with it and players got kicked from the Dedi server and the general recommendation was to play it without geo-filter, but with the latest firmware its now fully compatible

Not sure. I never player destiny but I thought it was all p2p so the Netduma could ensure all players in game were within the geo-filter radius.

With halo matching players and then dispatching them on to a server I don't know if they can 'influence' that? All the beta games were on dedicated servers so full game should be to? Iain's a big halo player so I'm sure if they can make it better they will.

Archived