Weird Host

rustynailz89

Hi guys have just done the .7 update and all seems to be fine except one thing. One host does not show the update tab when i want to give it a rating, as i always seem to be connecting to this host but get inconsistent games some are good and some are bad, i want to be able to put it in the deny list but cant. was just wondering is this because its a dedicated server or not? i attached 2 screen shots one of the host in question as it shows no update tab and another random one that does show the update tab . 

Netduma prob1.docxNetduma prob2.docx

Those are dedis probobly like some one sad above you can avoid the by excluding them from you geo filter radius though if you still geting connected to the after you done that check your ping assist stats and make sure they are lower then the low value of that ping you get to that dedi yes the dotted circle mens that woes aloud thru your geo radius the point of ping assist is to connect you to host outside you radius that are below the number you set you ping assist to. There still may be misslocated servers that you can have grate games andping bot becouse they mayby miss located you cannot connect to them and denying dedis will destroy your expirence in a long run cause AW RUNS on globa dedicates servers and just in a long run if you block them you may just be stuck in.a search lobby atlest for me it runs 95% of the times on dedis

yes i understand what you are saying but the thing is my ping to that server is only 5ms but have a lot of jitter i get pretty crappy games that y i want to give it a rating to see whether it makes a diff or not. i have had better connections to new zealand which is much further away. yes i have done a full power down aswell have moved my home location and made my geo filter disclude this particular server but it still remains an always allow host. the update tab is still not there, if i have to put up with its ok, i just wanted to know if thats how its meant to be or its playing up a lil, it just seems it wont connect to any other host except this one unless its just telling me that thats the host but it really isnt? who knows. 

what about your ping assit inf its pingin 5ms that like plaing lan try seting your ping asist to 0 and the exclude thta serv form you geo and make sure you have xb PA or psn PA enabaled

if i set it to 0 how am i meant to get into a game? i do have xb pa selected 

set the ping assit to 0 then set you radious of geo filter to exclude to that dedi and se if  you still get connected to it do you know what i mean?

The PA feature is awesome until you catch a bad dedi but the option to turn off PA was just a great idea.I kept hitting a crappy dedi on the east coast due to the ping being below 35,tried moving my home location and still kept catching it.Then i remembered to set PA to 0 and problem fixed.When the duma crew said "they give the control back to us" this is what there talking about.

Guest Netduma Fraser

The PA feature is awesome until you catch a bad dedi but the option to turn off PA was just a great idea.I kept hitting a crappy dedi on the east coast due to the ping being below 35,tried moving my home location and still kept catching it.Then i remembered to set PA to 0 and problem fixed.When the duma crew said "they give the control back to us" this is what there talking about.

Awesome man! And thanks thats awesome to hear :)

Archived