Optimium settings for AW with a Fibre optic connection ?

doylebl

If anyone wouldn't mind sharing what settings they have used for AW that has a fibre optic connection I would really appreciate it. What are your sliders set to? and what are you giving your console for priority ?  

I'll Share, I seem to really have good matches. I'm on the east coast. I have Verizon fios 75/75. I keep my Anti Flood at around 60% for both, I give my XB1 80 on priority. On the weekend I can keep the geo filter set at it lowest. When there aren't a lot of people on I set it at around 700 to 1200km. I usually keep strict mode on.I only turn it off If it looks like I'm not finding anything. I disable deep packet processing. I enable upnp. I'm now running firmware 7b now. I can even widen the geo filter and set ping assist around 30ms. I have found at times that the geo filter can cover the whole US and it will put me in low ping matches that way I seem to not have a problem finding a match fast. What I will say is during clan wars all of these setting were kinda useless. However, the beauty in the router was that i could throttle my connection, which I did around 20% and disabled geo filter. The matches got better after that. Even with the geo-filter disabled you can still make out the host, so you could judge what kind of match it was going to be for the most part. If was was bad I would just leave and try another lobby.

Hi All , I am in the UK so in theory if I drop my home into the middle of the Atlantic with a 100 k radius and adjust my PA to say 50 Ms then the DUMA will throw me into any game in the world with a ping of 50 or below ? In essence ignoring my new watery home and concentrating on ping

Guest Netduma_Iain

Black Ops the logic is correct, but I would not recommend it. Thats why its called ping assist because it assists the geo-filter. A few customers are doing it though so if you want to you can try. 

Black Ops the logic is correct, but I would not recommend it. Thats why its called ping assist because it assists the geo-filter. A few customers are doing it though so if you want to you can try. 

What's the down side to setting it in the middle of the ocean? Or why wouldn't you recommend it?

Guest Netduma Fraser

What's the down side to setting it in the middle of the ocean? Or why wouldn't you recommend it?

You wont be including any land mass that you could be potentially be getting a host within. 

Is the feature strong enough to be considered as a stand alone feature. Maybe in the future a way to go purely off ping assist?

On another more current note. Just got kicked from a lobby but no padlock, To be honest I don't see them a lot. Also just a note that, it only kicks me from lobbies when I am using my geo filter and my nat is moderate. when it's open it hardly ever happens.

One more question. If it's set in the ocean that would mean I wouldn't be able to hear anyone on the mic correct?

• Open NATs can connect to any of the three types.
  • Moderate can only connect to open and moderate.
  • Strict can ONLY connect to open

So maybe somebody with a strict nat was in the lobby when you are moderate so it would result in a kick.

Edit: i think i am wrong there it would be the strict player that gets kicked

• Open NATs can connect to any of the three types.
  • Moderate can only connect to open and moderate.
  • Strict can ONLY connect to open

So maybe somebody with a strict nat was in the lobby when you are moderate so it would result in a kick.

Edit: i think i am wrong there it would be the strict player that gets kicked

I see where your going. It would make since why there is more kicking when in moderate. 

Guest Netduma Fraser

What would I do to disable Ping Assist? Just asking I actually enjoy the feature very much.

As well as what Iain said you could also choose the non PA versions of xbl/psn to disable Ping Assist and then just use the Geo-filter as normal but glad to hear youre enjoying it! :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

I have .7 but i cant see the PSN PA... only standard or am i missing something?

Please press Ctrl + F5 on the Geo-filter page and see if you can select it now :) Cmd + R on mac 

Can you tell me why would someone who has Geofilter set to 1200km and PA set to 40 still ge connect to hosts with pings of 60 - 80?

Have you got strict mode selected? 

Can you tell me why would someone who has Geofilter set to 1200km and PA set to 40 still ge connect to hosts with pings of 60 - 80?

Having the same issue? and yes strict mode is on?

Please press Ctrl + F5 on the Geo-filter page and see if you can select it now :) Cmd + R on 

Thanks

Guest Netduma Fraser

Yes. I have strict selected. And I'm on Xbox One.

The hosts you got that were that high in ping, did they show on the map as a PA found host? 

Guest Netduma Fraser

PA selected host has a special looking symbol right? Not your basic circle right?

Yes itll be a dotted circle I believe :)

Archived