Netduma Randomly Restricts My Broadband

I would hope the ping would be better without the powerline adapter. I got booted from Destiny and the braodband has dropped once in the time since I stopped running the test. Connection dropped a couple of times during the testing. I'll run the tests on the ISP router now.

Well its not the Netduma dropping out its either your isp router or the line it self from the exchange.

Before you get Open Reach out (buy contacting Sky)make sure your home wiring is exemplary so they can not blame you and charge you for the call out. 

Thanks for the heads up and helping me out with all this. I know I may have sounded a bit harsh at first but when you don't have problems and then buy and set up a new piece of hardware it's hard not to blame that new piece. How do I go about checking my home wiring? Is it something I need to hire someone to do? It sounds really simple, but I can't work out how to do it in my head! Thanks again for all this help.

Master socket > short Rj11 adsl cable to the sky hub , no phone wiring extensions.

Do not have the Netduma wired up when then call round they will just blame it as others do ;)

Do you have a vdsl faceplate?I got one of these a few month back because im on sky broadband like you and it improved my connection,I also have a rj11 to rj45 as the faceplate can take the the rj45 then you put the rj11 straight into you're sky hub,a guy on you youtube called Mr Telephone (I think) he makes them out of good quality cabling and has a link to his eBay for you to buy his videos arnt bad either,something you could look into

Do you have a vdsl faceplate?I got one of these a few month back because im on sky broadband like you and it improved my connection,I also have a rj11 to rj45 as the faceplate can take the the rj45 then you put the rj11 straight into you're sky hub,a guy on you youtube called Mr Telephone (I think) he makes them out of good quality cabling and has a link to his eBay for you to buy his videos arnt bad either,something you could look into

Thanks for giving your input Ben. I do have a VDSL faceplate (guessing that's the bit that means you don't require an external microfilter) but I am not on fibre so that doesn't apply to me.

Well its not the Netduma dropping out its either your isp router or the line it self from the exchange.

Before you get Open Reach out (buy contacting Sky)make sure your home wiring is exemplary so they can not blame you and charge you for the call out. 

This is all well and good, but how comes my devices aren't automatically connecting via wifi? That's another problem I'm having with it. I'm awaiting a call from Sky's tech team so hopefully I'll have my broadband up and running properly soon.

Misc settings make sure the wifi workaround is unticked.

Make sure your ISP routers wifi is turned off

Use a wifi analyser to make sure you are not on a congested channel.

http://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating-system/

If that does not help you could try the wifi workaround ticked.

Archived