Netduma R1 was working, sudden connectivity issues

@Zennon, good to know, thanks.  I have been working with ATT for years on this, but haven't looked into packet loss.

Question: I'm going to be moving soon, and I really don't want to start another years-long war with my provider to get a smooth lag-free connection for my gaming.  Can anyone advise as to what I can do before hand to choose the provider/plan that will guarantee these results? I have no issue with my speed or any other aspect of my ATT service, but the online game aspect is horrendous.

@Netduma Fraser, btw no more connection drops, so I think we can close the book on that one.

Thanks everyone for all of your help.

It's a problem with there server in their routing unlike congestion.

Moving to a new address probably won't fix this if you stay with them as its server side not locality.

Ok,

I plan on bringing my pingplotter results to ATT's attention, in yet another of my many attempts to get them to fix my internet issues.  It's conceivable that my conversations with them may result in me having questions that I'd like to bring to this forum to get answered.

Should I start a new thread for that, or leave this one open since the active participants already have some familiarity with my situation and setup?

If I should start a new thread, then please feel free to close this one.

Thank you all for your help.

Archived