to make AW playable my own personal choice till firmware

BOLDSHOTER

I been playing COD since the first Modern Warfare (Call of duty 4), the only reason I got into it was because I was growing tired of Counterstrike Source (played CS since the 1.1 update). Since MW3 when they added in Lag comp people were crying for dedicated servers because they felt as if "beastly pipes (fast ISPs)" were taking the game over. Now they have them and all they do it add lag to good connections (low pingers, NOT fast ISPs). You can have the google fiber 1 gig connection and ping higher then a DSL because they live closer to the dedicated server.... I think what Activision should do is ELIMINATE lag comp, make the game how it was with MW, WaW and the best one ever MW2... Back then when you had 2 or 3 bars yea you were a little "behind" but the game was playable and FUN, no WTF moments where you wanna toss the controller through your TV. Now you can be playing where the whole lobby has 4 bars >100ms ping and the real low pingers 5-20ms have 80-95ms ADDED to their connection to make the game "even". Sorry Activision your making your games for the "participation trophy" generation and the players DON'T WANT IT!!! Bring back your old net code and eliminate lag comp PLEASE......

I think lag comp is killing cods for me

Using the congestion control sliders takes care of that in all COD's including AW.

You just need to find your sweet spot for each individual game and keep in mind that AW doesn't need that much bandwidth. i.e 768Kbps Down | 384Kbps Up...

I "believed" in shaving your bandwidth to eliminate or minimize lag comp, even posted a thread on how to do it the best way with the R1. By cutting your bandwidth your slowing your connection yes, so some packets are "delayed" causing a rise in ping, therefore lowing your lag compensation. People have been posting thread and videos on how to eliminate lag comp.

Here is a way to cut off your nose to spite your face, take your "home location" and put it far away to that 40-50ms sweet spot, slide ping assist to 0 and only use geo filter. The idea isn't to ping 4-6ms (then your hosting, or slaughtered in lag comp), the idea is to ping 30-100 (4 bars) and you wont notice the lag comp as hard as pinging 5 hosting and having a 100ms player in the lobby.

When you boot up COD and click "play online" the game loads, if you have your laptop or tablet whatever you use near you, you'll see the dedicated servers pop up, find one that is far from you, ping it, see if you can get a 50ms server. I live in CT by NYC, I get the NJ server, I ping a 5 (NO GOOD FOR LAG COMP) I gotta put my home location (house) in dallas or chicago, give the radius "expander" two clicks and bang away...

I should be on tonight after Big Bang Theory (8pm EST) and play with trying to "ping higher", not host, etc. to get good connections...

I found Dallas being about 50MS from me so I set that as my "home" and played a few rounds, played one til end, left lobby played again, so I can get some difference. All I got was garbage games, 25-30 percent of my shots were hitting and I was getting shot 2-3 times and dying. There has to be a better way to make this game somewhat playable....

Archived