Fifa 16

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

The major problem is that EA servers aren't live , every time i play pro clubs i need to be connected to Seattle dedicated server for every single match and since i live in EU its horrible for me.

Is that with the Geo on or off? Whats your ping to it?

I get a better connection with the netduma is taken out of the picture , hope it gets fixed soon

Update : i have taken my router of modem mode and connected it directly to the duma ( the connection is alot better but i have one major issue about 60/70 mins into the game my connection becomes delayed (no physical lag) just delay. cant switch/control player , players overrun, overpass etc.

I also have similar issues than others in this thread. I have played fifas for years (or have been been trying to, at least online) and online play has been unplayable for a long time for me. Every possible settings has been tried. Other games also are unplayable in online but I mainly play fifa.

And the reason for this is what op also described in some way that delay. Gaming is smooth no stuttering etc Im just behind from my opponent all the time. It is like lag compensation, not in same way of course cause fifa is p2p but the result is the same: my opponent sees things what I cant see at the moment in gameplay and is continously ahead of me maybe 0.5 second or so. So I have no chance.

I was hoping netduma could have been some kind of solution in someway but it wasnt but that wasnt surprise. What is also weird that sometimes there are first couple of minutes of the match in fifa for example when I havent that delay until something happens and it will be unplayable again. It is a quite clear that I get never this thing solved but Im trying something for now and then. There are some forums out there in which there are other playes also who have this kind of delay issues.

So what i have found so far that might help you guys at netduma ( tested on 2 internet isp virgin media 200meg download 20 upload and talktalk 37 download 2 upload)

Changing mtu: 1473 : makes the game more smoothly

Unticking share excess: makes the game more responsive (move the slider during game to get the feel for it)

Use reactive for fifa again it seems more smooth 

Using wireless on the duma seems to make the controls more responsive

Taking internet isp out of modem mode and connecting it directly to duma ( no modem mode) 

Dont use geofilter 

Conclusion

It seems the cleaner/faster your connection the worse the button delay will be, i watch fifa youtubers and its like they are playing a different game, the game runs smooth like butter , i follow this guy called hectic jukez he is a pro fifa player (link of gameplay below)

I have had a few decent games on head 2 head seasons but thats not the case on ultimate team.

Hope this info helps

Thank you for the input rlb3, it did work with FIFA 15 and was quite effective so should hopefully just be a case of adjusting for FIFA 16, when I get to do the 1 on 1's I'll report back :)

Can I ask what do you mean by that it worked with fifa 15? Some kind of specific settings?

I finally got round to doing a 1 on 1 with Fraser and he is looking at it. 

I found it plays alot better since the patch, i play pro clubs exclusively so it may just be that my team and Pro have ranked up

so this question is a little of topic but, is Fifa 16 worth it? It looks good but should I get fifa or bo3?

As of right now i wouldnt recommend Fifa 16 , BO3 however is going to have dedicated servers , if i had to choose it would be BO3 .

Update:  I have messed around with the settings some more

I have no idea about the technical side behind my solution

I have improved my h2h seasons by doing this:

I initially had my netduma connected to my isp's via modem mode ( i have 2 internet isps) tried them both multiple times with no avail

I have now took my isp out of modem mode and connected it to the duma, basically using the duma for gaming (wireless disabled) and my router/modem for wireless (laptops, phones etc) i have left everything on the duma default ( sliders 70/70) share excess enabled , and here is where the i fixed the button lag for h2h seasons , under bandwidth control i have set my upload and download speeds higher than my actual speed ( i currently have 200 up and 200 down in my bandwith settings) 

Now on to ultimate team, i have yet to have a decent game unless i change my mtu settings on the ps4 console ( currently in 1480) if i leave it on default the game is very unresponsive. , in theory it should be the same as ultimate team as i believe they run of the same servers ( im not 100 percent sure on this? maybe one of you guys can confirm this? so i think my problem is an mtu issue maybe its sending to many packets to the servers and clogging up?  i have run cmd and my optimal mtu is 1500 with no packetloss , so i believe this must be a problem with MTU , i live very close to the exchange so would this be causing my issues? i have perfect power levels on both isp's so im not sure where my issue is coming from. 

Hi i didn't want to make a separate thread as my issue is also with fifa, basically when i play a game of fifa the game starts and works perfectly but as i continue to play i get the dreaded button lag :/ so it starts of smooth like butter then about half way through it feels unresponsive.

My set up is 70/70 and optimal settings for my connection (120meg)

I have to say I have some of the same issues with Madden 16. But mine isn't ingame though. You press a button a like a second or two later it decides to respond. Very annoying. Might be EA's product. Mine is a digital copy.

• Administrators

Hi i didn't want to make a separate thread as my issue is also with fifa, basically when i play a game of fifa the game starts and works perfectly but as i continue to play i get the dreaded button lag :/ so it starts of smooth like butter then about half way through it feels unresponsive.

My set up is 70/70 and optimal settings for my connection (120meg)

I have to say I have some of the same issues with Madden 16. But mine isn't ingame though. You press a button a like a second or two later it decides to respond. Very annoying. Might be EA's product. Mine is a digital copy.

Experienced through the ISP hub as well or just the R1? Also welcome to the forum :)

If move the sliders in game will they automatically update or do i need to click distribution every time i move slider?

Anti-flood sliders no, device prio yes :)

Im not sure if its the same with just the hub , but with the duma the game starts perfectly then i see a twitch on the screen (similar to a lag spike) then the delay happens then it twitches again then returns to normal , it goes back and forth all game. 

• Administrators

Im not sure if its the same with just the hub , but with the duma the game starts perfectly then i see a twitch on the screen (similar to a lag spike) then the delay happens then it twitches again then returns to normal , it goes back and forth all game. 

Have you watched the ping when this happens? Does it jump up?

• 1 month later...

Archived