Mad Lag on AW PS4 even with the Duma

ejsilk

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else noticed how bad AW has become in the UK?
When I first got the game, I stopped playing because of the lag comp (80meg down, 20meg up)

Then at the end of August I got a Netduma and the game was playable.

But this last week has been a joke!! I seem to be a second behind everyone else, even thou my ping is 14ms

I’m back to screaming at my monitor again.

Sorry was meant to say Mad Lag in the topic title ;) :D

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else noticed how bad AW has become in the UK?

When I first got the game, I stopped playing because of the lag comp (80meg down, 20meg up)

Then at the end of August I got a Netduma and the game was playable.

But this last week has been a joke!! I seem to be a second behind everyone else, even thou my ping is 14ms

I’m back to screaming at my monitor again.

Sorry was meant to say Mad Lag in the topic title ;) :D

I know what your saying. The crazy thing for me too is that even the ping from the netduma to the UK dedi is very fast "15ms ping" all the targets feel very spongey. Lukasz here gave me advice to try some of the European servers instead and I have to say I have had better games with them :)

Sometimes you need to broaden your geo-filter. It sounds counter-intuitive but it's true.

In some cases, it may be better to play with people twice as far from others within your own town if they all have better connections. This is particularly true when playing during weekdays or late at night when there aren't as many people online. 

Sometimes you need to broaden your geo-filter. It sounds counter-intuitive but it's true.

In some cases, it may be better to play with people twice as far from others within your own town if they all have better connections. This is particularly true when playing during weekdays or late at night when there aren't as many people online. 

OK guys I'll try that thanks :D

Do you suggest also moving my location more into Europe?

I would definitely recommend what has been said here, expand you radius a bit, there are some very good hosts in Europe that may play a lot better

well this deffo worked for me. extended geof from 628km to just shy of 1000km and not only got more full lobbies but better alround :D. Ieft my locale as the uk still.

well this deffo worked for me. extended geof from 628km to just shy of 1000km and not only got more full lobbies but better alround :D. Ieft my locale as the uk still.

My geo filter is set to 1096km at the moment and all the games have been laggy as hell

Been connecting mostly to the dedi on the south coast and most of the other players seem to be from the south of France and Spain.

Due to the lag, they move around like unstoppable gods :ph34r:

A lot of people call it hocus pocus but try turn your upload congestion control to 1% and give it another go, You have to do this before the game is started (when you go to options it should say a very low Kbps). I am pretty damn certain this helped with a lot of issues I was having with the shitty connections of AW

Archived