Upgraded Internet Speeds

Comcast just upgraded my internet speeds from 105MB down & 10MB up to 150MB down 10MB up

Before the upgrade I could consistently get 128 MB down & 12 MB up

They told me to be able to acquire the new speeds I would have to upgrade my modem which I just did and when connected directly to the modem I now get 177 MB down & 12 MB up but when I plug back into my Netduma R1 my speeds drop to around 117 MB down & 12 up

I always got my 128 MB when connected with the R1 so why with the new faster speeds and new modem are my speeds dropping? is the R1 capable of handling the new speeds? Is there a setting I have to change?

Yeah all my settings are correct. Like I said I was getting 128MB down before no problem with my old router and speeds. Now I can only get the new speeds if I plug my PC directly into my modem so there must be a bottleneck somewhere in the R1 restricting the faster speed

Yebs buddy thats sounds abbout right you schould ge about 120 mb speeds with this software version. + and - abit up or down.

Soon the will realse new firmware and you will be able to have the whole 177 just need to wait a bit more.

Ugggh I wish i knew that before I returned 3 different modems. Comcast told me I wasn't getting the speeds cuz the modems were no good so I downgraded to another model until I realized plugging directly into to modem would get me the right speeds. I just spent the past 4 days and 15 hours of technical support trying to figure out what was wrong.

I know this update has been talked about for several months but is it really on track for release within the next couple weeks? If not then I might just have to remove the R1 and use another router until the update comes out.

Archived