Geo filter players with yellow triangle are not being blocked

1. Try this: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_am_i_connecting_to_hosts_outside_that_are_outside_of_my_geofilter

2. Also you can place your ping assist to 0 and that is basically turning it off.  Thereby only allowing people into you lobby that are within you geofilter.

3. Go into Settings>Misc and click enable auto cloud and bleeding edge cloud and then press apply cloud settings.  Then click reboot router.  

Let us know if this helps.  

Don't forget to try #1 and especially #2 and reboot your router afters.  The suggestion in # 2 will update to the most current servers.  I am not sure how quick this process is so you may want to wait about 15 to 30 min before trying to start a new game and maybe even shut your console down during this process.

The triangles are just blocked from being host, not joining the lobby.

From the picture the host looks OK and within filter but surprised no one has pointed out it doesn't filter all players. Ignore my post it game is destiny :)

The triangles are just blocked from being host, not joining the lobby.

From the picture the host looks OK and within filter but surprised no one has pointed out it doesn't filter all players. Ignore my post it game is destiny :)

Even when I set ping to 0 still getting long distance players... Had my r1 close to year now never had this problem..player's from outside US.. I live in New Jersey

• Netduma Staff

Even when I set ping to 0 still getting long distance players... Had my r1 close to year now never had this problem..player's from outside US.. I live in New Jersey

Can you take a screen shot of your GeoFilter showing the hosts that are connecting from outside? Also include all the settings in that screen shot as I assume you've changed them since the last screen shot you posted :)

Is this a COD game? If so I hate to break bad news, but the router doesn't filter players in the lobby. Only the host (that's all its ever done). The matchmaking can still put players from all over the world into that lobby.

Unfortunately that's just the reality of a dwindling player base and any sort of skill based matchmaking. Smaller pool of players and therefore lobby can contain players from multiple continents.

Archived