Am I disappointed?

Hello Netduma Team and Community.

The title says enough i guess.

So don't judge me i learned english myself and i'm polish so don't be mean.

Why i decided to buy Netduma ?

So first i say something about my "old" router that i bought like 2-3 Months ago.

It's the D-Link DIR-868L, it had almost everything what i need.

It has the QoS function where you can set the device priority, i set my PC to highest and ALL other to normal (Highest, high, normal). If someone was watching youtube and i want to watch a movie i could just start the video and i got all the bandwith to watch it in 1080p, no i'm not a D"$(&!, i watch videos on youtube about max 1h, i watch my subscribers, i have a website to edit and way more things to do. I watch movies once a week or even month. So everyone is happy except me, the problem is, when someone was downloading something and he was using 100% bandwith i could watch videos and all i want without problems, because i had the HIGHEST priority. But the problem was while playing games, because its like this.

max download speed 1.5MB/s, lets say someone is downloading something with 1.45mb/s and my game needs only 0.05mb/s (Yeah i know, that's 50kb/s) so there is no problem, but the PROBLEM apears when the gameplay is more dynamic, so when it goes from 50kb/s to 100kb/s then 30kb/s then 200kb/s in this moment I LAG 100%. Because someone is using 1.45mb/s and the router (D-Link) needs to make space for my needs. This "making space for the game" creates laggs. In our house there is always someone watching youtube. Almost 70-80% of the time, so with the 868L there is no problem when i want to watch youtube or something. I just instantly watch 1080p no problem, the problem is only while gaming.

So because of drift0r <-- youtuber, that was talking about BO3 dedicated servers if they exist, he said "because of my netduma router i can see all servers and hosts" so i know OMG i need this !

I watched all the videos that explain how netduma works, so i have NO LAGS that's for sure. Even if someone is watching youtube. I don't lag, but the moment when i become disappointed was when i realized that i can't see any hosts on PC, on CSGO all works fine, but i'm a CoD player and i don't see any hosts :( but i bought it for CoD. I saw on a video that i can rate all hosts and see dedicated servers so i bought it, but how i already said i don't see any. Then there is this CAP that is the MOST important thing in this whole router, if this don't work i really don't need this router. If i join a noob host i can quit and search for a new host (i don't care about my win lose ratio). But the problem that the CAP should fix is this "making space for the game" it should CAP all other devices except a device that i can select the device that is the "GAMING MACHINE".

The biggest problem is this CAP for me, if this is done how i need it i'm 100% happy with the router that's all i need.

So there is this "Device Prioritisation", this has nothing to do with priority. I would call this Bandwith Sharing.

Because if you can set there 50/50 this can't be any sort of prioritisation. Prioritisation is for me something like.

» Highest
» High
» Normal
This what is now is called "bandwith sharing" for me not prioritisation.

Even if i disable the "share excess" i still don't get full bandwith when i wan't to watch youtube, to make it clear, the "lag fix" with cap works but not like i want it. Please, it sounds rude "like i want" but i say it nice not like mean or in "a"$hole mode".
How the CAP works now, i don't lag even if someone is downloading. But the problem is when i download a game or watch videos i have 50% bandwith MAX not more only less than 50%. 50% or less. So the problem is when i want just relax and watch youtube i can't because i see all 10s "loading..."... this is so annoying... or when i download a game... 50% bandwith, i actualy need to wait about 2-3h with 1.5mb/s but with netduma i wait 6-8h because Netduma caps the internet from the person that bought it and pays for the internet each month. I don't want to be rude and lock all my family members, i even SPEND 200€ on a router so they can watch videos and i can do my thing.

What i want is: sorry... what i WISH:

» I can set in "Cogestion Control > Set Bandwith > Local Devices" the priority, not lphone, laptop, bla bla, just Highest, high, normal.

» CAP will ONLY work for devices with "High" and "normal" priority. so highest has NO CAP. If i set the CAP to 90% it means that all drivers that have "high" and "normal" priority can use only 90% of the max bandwith. So if someone is downloading something with max speed 1.35mb/s (90% CAP) i have 150kb/s in my pocket, they can enjoy their videos and downloading stuff fast, but when i decide.. "noo i got mad while playing i watch some cat videos in 1080p" i can go to youtube play my video and watch it with 1080p and no load bar, the other person will download then with 100kb/s or something but hey, i watch videos when i want to relax from playing games and ALL other could in this moment enjoy they videos, now i want to enjoy my cat videos in 1080p and not being mad because the bandwith is shared 50/50 and i see loading bars, or when i download a game i download it like 8h with full bandwith instead of 4h. Our house is the "Home Premium Download Server", my oncle downloads 24/7, no joke 24/7. Then he looks videos on youtube and that stuff.

It's not only about me, i don't want to cap his speed to 50% when i'm using only like 1-2% of the bandwith, but i also don't want to let him use 98% and when i need 3% i lag like a noob.

And i give Netduma a chance, i see that this is going to work, netduma team listen to the customers, they GIVE af and that's what i REALLY LIKE. If i have a idea they listen and help in 10s, like the nice Admin :)

The reply very fast and please change this "CAP system" and add in "set bandwith" the priority function.

This would make me so happy, i have this lagg problem since 2-3 years, i bought the 868L it help in 50% but i still lagg when someone is using 98% bandwith. With netduma i don't lag, but i feel just annoyed that i cant use 100% of the bandwith when i need it and that the CAP works even for me "admin", so even i can't use 100% of it. I guess i explained it good what i would change. I'm so annoyed by this fact that i can even donate and make a pic here on the forum with pink panties.

Mine will beep if rebooted, but it's not loud. Maybe you have faulty hardware.

Plus, NETDUMA never stated it supports all games. It's primary for COD. They are adding other games, but that takes time.

Yeah i play COD ! since 8 Years, that's why i'm here bro :D

The problem is i play it since 8 years on PC not on Console. I just don't see the hosts, i can't rate them.

PS. I need to edit the #1 post. pls read it Admin.

• Netduma Staff

For anyone who reads this thread Polacke edited the original post - the above replies aren't just random, they were in reply to that the router can sometimes make weird noises  :)

Polacke, I'll try and go through each of the questions/points you made.

Your English is good, don't worry!

Ok, so you can't see hosts on PC for CoD. I assume you've added CS:GO as one device on then GeoFilter? As another device add the PC again but chose 'Xbox Live Ping Assist' as the service. This will filter all ports and should work for CoD on PC. You can then filter the hosts as you have done in CS:GO. One thing that will be different for CoD is that you won't be able to use the host analytics section of the router. You can't rate dedicated servers but you can rate other players in the game by following the instructions here. You also won't see what you saw on Drift0r's video with the different coloured circles. His router was in a special mode which meant dedicated servers appeared in yellow. That feature is no longer used, but you will no which ones are dedicated servers because if you click on the circle there will be no 'update' button.

The next problem you seam to be having is local congestion. First of all, gaming packets are prioritised by default on the Netduma (I think?). I think the best thing for you do do is change your settings when gaming and when not (it is on the to-do list (ticket system) to have 'classes' or 'saved' options where you can easily switch between multiple pre-made settings which would make this easier for you). When gaming I suggest setting the anti-flood sliders to 70% (both upload and download). Then in the device prioritisation (because it seams you don't have a lot of upload bandwidth) disable 'share excess' and give your PC about 50%. When you've finished gaming, set the sliders back to 100%, reset distribution and enable share excess. This should hopefully fix your congestion issue. I should also make it clear that currently the device prioritisation is only for upload.

It is also important that once you've finished gaming that your disable the GeoFilter. The Xbox Live service filters all ports so if you leave it enabled you'll have trouble accessing the internet (when the web server is outside of the GeoFilter range) and also other annoying things will probably happen :)

The congestion control section is getting re-done at the moment. Download prioritisation is also being added and soon you will also be able to give bandwidth to each device by entering it as values. This will make it easier to distribute the bandwidth around your network.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask - I think I went through each of the things you mentioned but I may have accidentally missed something you asked :)

Thanks for the reply!

It's a little weird that i need to switch on and off all the time all these settings. I wish Netduma would be more friendly, not the team :D i mean the device. I was thinking it's like "setup the settings and play". But now i need to turn things on and off. When i set the CAP to 90% it's weird :x

it should have about 10mbit but it has 6 :/ i just tested the cap and yeah...

Steam has this "add a game to steam" it would be SOOOO cool if there would be a software where i can add games to.. and when i start the game it uses all the geofilter settings and that stuff, overlay ingame yeah, that would be so BADASS.

Is there any other option to access the netduma router ? Because a "name" would be easier like netduma.local or something.

@Edit, the box still making sounds :D but i put it behind my PC and about the router itself i don't feel lag, i feel a little lag but this is made by the game itself not by the connection.

Is there any hardware inside my netduma ? This scrathing is so annoying.

The future of Netduma is really BIG, you need just... to make more stuff :-)

I still think that the netduma shouldn't CAP the WHOLE connection. With 90% CAP i still can play good. But downloading isn't that much of fun :( I already set this xbox live, psn and bla bla :D to be sure IT WORKS ! :D i enabled, LOL, PSN, Live and yeah i'm happy.

But i want REALLY REALLY bad to rate other hosts. I need to try this out in Advanced Warfare.

First game i EVER joined, so i download the game, join server > 17:1 :o omg omg my 1 match next match something change.. i couldn't even go positive, i made ULTRA much hitmarkers. My gun was full of hitmarkers and i got dropped with 2-3 bullets. I will see now if this WORKS. :D

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the reply!

It's a little weird that i need to switch on and off all the time all these settings. I wish Netduma would be more friendly, not the team :D i mean the device. I was thinking it's like "setup the settings and play". But now i need to turn things on and off. When i set the CAP to 90% it's weird :x

it should have about 10mbit but it has 6 :/ i just tested the cap and yeah...

Steam has this "add a game to steam" it would be SOOOO cool if there would be a software where i can add games to.. and when i start the game it uses all the geofilter settings and that stuff, overlay ingame yeah, that would be so BADASS.

Is there any other option to access the netduma router ? Because a "name" would be easier like netduma.local or something.

Yeah, I completely understand that it isn't ideal to have to keep changing it :) As I said, it is a planned feature to be able to have kind of like 'classes' where you can set up some and then switch between them which would be much easier.

Lets try and sort the speeds out in the other thread as there is already info about what you've tried and stuff in there :)

It might be possible to have the Netduma detect when you are in certain games such as CS:GO or other un-encrpyted games as the Netduma could use the DPI.

You can also access the Netduma using http://r1

So the Macro buttons will have a special "mission" :D

Hotkeys are also nice, even better than automatic :D press a hotkey... then press another one and its off :D

Pressing the same button isn't that good, at the end you don't know if its on or off.

When can WE expect this hotkey option ?

• Netduma Staff

So the Macro buttons will have a special "mission" :D

Hotkeys are also nice, even better than automatic :D press a hotkey... then press another one and its off :D

Pressing the same button isn't that good, at the end you don't know if its on or off.

When can WE expect this hotkey option ?

I'm not sure when it will be available. It is on the ticket system but I'm not sure what priority it was at (and the system isn't working atm so can't see).

Have the original issues that you made in your post been solved now? :)

Can i PM you for any other questions or do i need to open 200 threads ? I quess 1 thread for all little questions is okay or ?

(Spaming threads is annoying but it helps to rank the website in Google because google searches for the titles of all threads and not posts :) )

I have an other question. Is is possilbe to make in Host Filter zoom function with the scroll wheel ?
Because its little annoying to press this 2.5 5 8 bla bla and then on the map. It would make it better so if i hover the map it zooms but when i hover OUT of the map it scrolls the website :)

• Administrators

Hey, I can only echo what Crossy has said, it sounds like a lot of the things you want will actually be added in next couple of updates e.g. no lag but still full speed :)

I'm sure that zoom effect could be added for sure :)

BTW, I have told everyone about the ticket system being down, I will have to chase it up

Archived