The future of Netduma (Questions)

Hello my friends,

i got my Netduma today.. i need to setup a little and now it works.

I tested it on CSGO to see if this router really works and all was fine.

I play 99% Call of Duty, it sometimes has jitter and lags, i can't also see any history about all the hosts (i play Black ops 2).

I had a D-Link DIR-868L. i bought the netduma because i want to join servers around me not like french or UK people because i lagg then and i feel that the other players don't get hitmarked. It takes some time till i see the hitmarks so i want to lower the zone to like 700km around me.

I'm not sure if it works or not on black ops 2.

To make Netduma worth the 209€ i also need a better game support, i only see the connection history on CSGO.

I also dont see any hosts servers and i also cant block or rate any connections in other games like Bo2.

I also have a question about the statistics.
I see pretty crazy stuff here, i joined a CSGO server and everything feel normal.

The Stats:
Latency 3000ms-450ms
Jitter: 3000ms-(-1000ms)

Packet Loss: 10-20

Send Rate: 0/400/700B

Recive Rate: 1000-500-200-0
Client Tick Rate: 7-20

Server Tick Rate: 10-22

Without this Host Filtering function from Netduma i dont need netduma, i bought it only because this Host Filtering.

I don't really know if this is working :/

post-3951-0-32843700-1441822611_thumb.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Hi DerPolacke,

Can you read through this to get you started :)

Basically, console games use the GeoFilter. Only supported PC games show detailed stats in the host analysis section.

It does work for black ops 2 although it isn't officially supported.

Once you've set up the router according to the guide above, if you are still lagging can you post the info from here please.

I'm uncertain as to the platform you play on, but I can confirm when properly set up (as Crossy has indicated) the Netduma works extremely well with Black Ops 2 on both PS3 and XB360. 

I'm uncertain as to the platform you play on, but I can confirm when properly set up (as Crossy has indicated) the Netduma works extremely well with Black Ops 2 on both PS3 and XB360.

This ^^^ Works amazing on BO2 for 360.

I play on PC since 8 Years, till now the best buyers of anything what has to do with technology are PC players. Currently my setup costs about 2700€ and now it cost more because of Netduma :)

So why everyone is making stuff for consoles that cost 350€ instead of PC players that buy everything what helps them to play better (reduce lag, good hosts).

I play Call of Duty on PC since 8 years. I'm now 21 and yeah, currently because of this crap lobby searching in COD i DON'T enjoy playing it. I even sold once my whole PC. I was so borred that i bought a new one :D

For me the last help is Netduma, if it fails i don't see any point to have a PC, i play some smite and that stuff but i don't feel like "OMG ITS SO BADASS I NEED NOLIFE IT..." nope i feel it on CoD).

"Nat Open Since 2014 :D" - PC

so yeah, i just don't see any hosts.. when i'm in game do i will see all the hosts or do i need to search for a game to see any hosts ? I also want to rate them.

If this host thing works i'm happy, happy panda af. Also enable in these "port options" Steam ports :)

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711&amp

It would be also cool if i could make an "advanced" one with ports, more than only one. I don't know how to separate it. In my D-Link Dir-868L i could type all the ports like this:

27000-27050,4380,3478

And it was pretty fast to setup the ports. I don't know how i can separate ports in netduma because of no "info box".

Some routers have with "dots" other have with "slash" so yeah.

• Netduma Staff

Ok, didn't realise you were playing CoD on the PC :)

What you can do is go onto the GeoFilter, click add device, chose your PC and then XBL as the service for when you are playing CoD. You should then be able to filter the hosts on the GeoFilter. You won't get the detailed host analytics though.

Also you cannot block or rate Dedicated Servers on the Geo-Filter-Map, only actual players can be rated and therefore blocked or prefered

I'm not sure if i understand correctly what you said but if you mean that i can only rate servers that i've played. Yeah i know this, but that's what i want to do :) It would be so nice if you guys would enable "Steam Device"... OOOOMG..

Why you just don't do it ? :D Make it a little Open Source ^_^ like adding ports and bla bla.

• Administrators

I'm not sure if i understand correctly what you said but if you mean that i can only rate servers that i've played. Yeah i know this, but that's what i want to do :) It would be so nice if you guys would enable "Steam Device"... OOOOMG..

Why you just don't do it ? :D Make it a little Open Source ^_^ like adding ports and bla bla.

It depends what game you're playing we have CS:GO on host filtering already. UPnP opens ports automatically for the games you're playing. If you want to filter by ports you can do this in the advanced sections of the Geo-filter when choosing a service. For CoD on PC choose Xbox Live. Any pings to the hosts can be seen on the Geo-filter itself :)

Archived