I am Having an Issue Setting Up My Netduma Router

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you go to settings > WAN and make sure static is disabled please then turn off the R1 and turn off your ISP hub. Wait 10 seconds then turn on your ISP hub. Wait 30 seconds then turn on the R1

I am still unable to connect to the internet properly

Okay can you try the variations of PPPoE as I advised you on Twitter, it can take up to 5minutes for the internet to work when you've put in the correct user & pass

Ok, I tried all the passwords and usernames and was not able to connect to the internet. I tried trouble shooting the connection on my laptop and it said that it could not connect to the DNS

• Netduma Staff

Ok, I tried all the passwords and usernames and was not able to connect to the internet. I tried trouble shooting the connection on my laptop and it said that it could not connect to the DNS

Can you run an internet diagnostic?

Also try going to Settings >> LAN and changing the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

• Netduma Staff

Ok the situation has gotten worse. My laptop is not saying that it is unable to identify the router. and i cant access the control panel

Can you try connecting via ethernet to the router and see if you can access the control panel?

Can you try connecting via ethernet to the router and see if you can access the control panel?

Yeah, I can only use Ethernet. I just put a pin in the reset button and now its recognizes it but i still cant access the internet after following all the directions given by you two. also I am unable to run a internet diagnostics test

• Netduma Staff

Yeah, I can only use Ethernet. I just put a pin in the reset button and now its recognizes it but i still cant access the internet after following all the directions given by you two. also I am unable to run a internet diagnostics test

Is there a number after 'WAN IP' in device manager?

• Administrators

Okay can you do this again please go to settings WAN and make sure static is disabled, then turn off the R1 and turn off your ISP hub. Wait 10 seconds then turn on your ISP hub. Wait 30 seconds then turn on the R1.

Okay can you do this again please go to settings WAN and make sure static is disabled, then turn off the R1 and turn off your ISP hub. Wait 10 seconds then turn on your ISP hub. Wait 30 seconds then turn on the R1.

I did it again and it still didn't work

You could try a different set-up by going modem >> ISP Router >> Netduma. That would probably sort out these set-up issues.Ye

I wasn't able to find those options. I was playing around with the WAN settings and it came up with a WAN IP and it said I was connected to another router.

• Netduma Staff

I wasn't able to find those options. I was playing around with the WAN settings and it came up with a WAN IP and it said I was connected to another router.

I meant actually change the physical set-up. So you connect your ISP router to the modem and plug the Netduma into the ISP router.

But after playing around with the WAN settings do you have an internet connection?

I meant actually change the physical set-up. So you connect your ISP router to the modem and plug the Netduma into the ISP router.

But after playing around with the WAN settings do you have an internet connection?

The way you said for me to have the setup was the way I already had it. 

And Im still unable to connect to the internet

Archived