Netduma keeps losing connection to the internet....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

Yeah, it just crashed again...... I'll post a screenshot in a sec

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/6646/l87Rp2.png

I have my PC plugged into my bt home hub again so if you have any advice/know what the next step is, do tell ;'(

You can see at the bottom you have the limited connection icon over the internet thing. This could be because the Netduma is crashing or maybe it is another problem which makes it look as though it is crashing because you can't access it.

Your connection is wired isn't? Can you you also make sure that you are connecting with an automatic IP. Also can any other devices connect to the Netduma when your PC can't and does the Netduma broadcast Wifi?

You can see at the bottom you have the limited connection icon over the internet thing. This could be because the Netduma is crashing or maybe it is another problem which makes it look as though it is crashing because you can't access it.

Your connection is wired isn't? Can you you also make sure that you are connecting with an automatic IP. Also can any other devices connect to the Netduma when your PC can't and does the Netduma broadcast Wifi?

No, EVERYTHING goes down, not just my PC, i can't access the duma control pannel/interface for any of the devices connected. Here's the image i posted a few days ago. my xbox live in down (connected to my netduma) but my PC is still running just fine when connected to my bt home hub (my PC is connected to my xbox one).

My wifi goes down when the duma crashes. 

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img673/8352/5Jfa32.jpg

I've still not reset my duma since the last crash about an hour ago and it just doesn't reboot itself i have to take the power out of it. 

• Netduma Staff

No, EVERYTHING goes down, not just my PC, i can't access the duma control pannel/interface for any of the devices connected. Here's the image i posted a few days ago. my xbox live in down (connected to my netduma) but my PC is still running just fine when connected to my bt home hub (my PC is connected to my xbox one).

My wifi goes down when the duma crashes. 

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img673/8352/5Jfa32.jpg

I've still not reset my duma since the last crash about an hour ago and it just doesn't reboot itself i have to take the power out of it. 

What do the light look like when it happens? :)

• Netduma Staff

Is there any way a staff member can comment if i can get a replacement? or is there any more troubleshooting methods?

I'm sure one of them will as soon as they see the thread. Fraser explained in an earlier post about the replacements and warranty :) I can't think of any more troubleshooting methods for this issue.

Hey, I've just found this thread as have been having the same problem for months!

The wifi connection to my devices keeps dropping out. often every 10-25 minutes on laptop [frustrating when trying to work and getting cut off mid email/meeting/conversation etc].
Also drops out from I-phone but not as often as when using laptop.

Only way to resolve each time it occurs is to disconnect the devices from internet and search for wireless router/connection again.

Was sure it would be a laptop issue maybe due to windows upgrades now on 10.. so what I have already tried to resolve problem:
, double checked all power saving modes to wireless adapter = no change
installed and updated drivers including new wireless drivers =no change.#

In R1 settings:

Disabled IPV6, checked and unchecked all the other options such as stealth, wifi workaround, snooping, duma auto feedback, multicast..
Then moved on to trying to use different DNS on LAN, setting up WAN manually

Tried using VPN. [by default the HMA quick VPN always remains ticked in the R1 even after reboots i..e active and never stays un-ticked even though I don't have an active HMA account!?]  

Tried every wifi channel.

Tried resets, re loading 1.3.4. etc.

I have resorted to not using the R1 and reverting back to the Virgin Hub.

If you find the solution I'd be over the proverbial moon to know what it is! ;)  

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • Netduma Staff

Yes, but he said next time it crashes leave it and let Iain look at the logs (not sure how he will do that). Might need it replaced at this point. 

Ok. Hopefully Fraser can post in here when he sees this thread and let you know what to do :)

Archived