Netduma keeps losing connection to the internet....

I keep having to hard reset my netduma as it keeps losing connection to the internet, I've swapped the Ethernet cable which is going into my home hub 5 and internet still keeps dropping. My home hub is working fine though if i plug any device into that it works fine without the internet dropping.

I've had the netduma for almost 2 months now and it's just now starting to act up.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to settings>misc and uncheck wifi workaround then reboot and that should help.

That's already been done. Just looking at my home hub. the netduma just disconnects itself from the internet. 

It will say on my home hub "not connected" then just disappear when i refresh the page, then i have to turn the power on and off on my netduma to re-establish a connection.  

• Netduma Staff

That's already been done. Just looking at my home hub. the netduma just disconnects itself from the internet. 

It will say on my home hub "not connected" then just disappear when i refresh the page, then i have to turn the power on and off on my netduma to re-establish a connection.  

Do you get a red light come on on the HH and does the blue bar turn orange? :)

• Netduma Staff

No my home hub is a constant blue steady connection, I now have my xbox one plugged into my home hub and when my netduma connection drops my xbox one still has has a internet connection. 

Could you try a different ethernet port on the HH?

Yeah there's an IP address, the same one that appears on my BT home hub, and yes the wireless also disconnects.

Just a quick question, if my netduma is faulty will it get replaced? i've only had it like 2 months. 

• Netduma Staff

Yeah there's an IP address, the same one that appears on my BT home hub, and yes the wireless also disconnects.

Just a quick question, if my netduma is faulty will it get replaced? i've only had it like 2 months. 

Ok, but does the IP Address disappear when the disconnect happens?

I'm not sure but don't worry about that just yet - hopefully this is a software issue that can be resolved :)

• Netduma Staff

Yes, it had room to breathe it's on the same desk at my home hub. I'm also in a pretty cool room so i don't think it's an overheating issue. 

Ok. If you go to Settings >> LAN is the host IP still 88? I assume it is but someone else who had a similar issue found that theirs had changed to 1 and changing it back to 88 fixed the problem.

Could you try going to Settings >> LAN, WAN and Miscellaneous and disabling IPv6. If that doesn't work can you go to Settings >> WAN and set a static IP using these settings:

fc9ad378cebd4de5f1ad1ec53439aaea.png

Archived