How Strong is the Wifi

Hello,

I would like to know how strong was the wifi on the netduma r1 : for exemple my dad's computer is just next to it (20 cm from the netduma) and 1 time on 2 he have a little yellow triangle on the wifi connection and nothing's working anymore.

And when I tried to reconnect windows says : "the connection to you device is taking too long" ...

And I would like to know if it's strong enough to goes through a plasterboard wall ? (the device that need to be connected is just next to it but on the other side of the wall)

thanks.

If the WiFi work around is not the cause.

The triangle exclamation under normal circumstances means limited connection which is usualy either DHCP giving the machine an IP that is already in use or sometimes malware/proxy related.

Do you have a two router set up and did you turn off WiFi on the first router and turned it on only on the Netduma?

Well honestly I don't know ... you mean there's a way the 2 signals are collinding and the computer don't know which one to choose ?

Mmh I don't think so because I have a lot of neighboors and I can see bunch of SSID so, as long as I entered my password on the netduma then it's fine ? no ?

What is the DHCP exactly ? ad how can I put it in a way were everything works fine ?

• Netduma Staff

Well honestly I don't know ... you mean there's a way the 2 signals are collinding and the computer don't know which one to choose ?

Mmh I don't think so because I have a lot of neighboors and I can see bunch of SSID so, as long as I entered my password on the netduma then it's fine ? no ?

What is the DHCP exactly ? ad how can I put it in a way were everything works fine ?

Well check to see if disabling Wifi workaround fixes it first and then if it doesn't you could look into the other causes :)

If you dont see Work around in Settings >> Miscellaneous  please check bottom of yours routers page and see with version of firmware you are on. The most up to date is this one 1.03.4

Here is a link how to update to the latest version

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update

Archived