High ping. I am consistently between 80-150

I have a Motorola SB6121 modem to the Netduma R1 and the router wired to my PS4. I have xfinity my DL is 50Mbps and UL is 10-15Mbps, closer to 40 DL 5 UL on the Playstation. How can I optimize my settings to lower my ping. In the BO3 Beta my pings are consistently between 80-150 I wanted it to be averaging around 30. Any help?

I'm sorry to say the BO3 beta is not support by the R1(play at your own risk- no results are guaranteed) just yet but you can try this link to see if any of the information is helpful to you. If you do a speed test at speedtest.net and your pings are fine then don't worry about it atleast until the finalized game is released. 

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_do_i_have_insanely_high_pings

I have had pings in game (black ops beta) that have read as high as 400ms in game, on duma in the 30,s.GEO filter set to 1000km.  I think that it is the game at fault. It is only a beta.

I think that it is the game at fault. It is only a beta.

This.

To the OP, the beta is play at your own risk.

Except calling it a beta with a launch only 2mths away on a 3yr dev cycle is a bit silly im sorry.

I have no idea what or how it works other then to say im 38yrs old, been gaming electronially nearly all my life and these devs still havent got a clue it seems.

Without the geo filter i get matched up all over the world, which means 1 thing, the lobbies are not made based on ping, which as time has told us, high ping in lobbie gets the advantage.

Same BS we as gamers have been dealth with since multi player first came out. And to be honest im sick to death of it.

Congrats on the Duma crew for having the balls to try and fix the unfixable but until similar tech (to the duma) is built into the games im out.

Im not contributing to these devs/publishers retirment till its fixed properly, i hope you all to do the same but i understand if you dont, fps is addictive,

This.

To the OP, the beta is play at your own risk.

Except calling it a beta with a launch only 2mths away on a 3yr dev cycle is a bit silly im sorry.

I have no idea what or how it works other then to say im 38yrs old, been gaming electronially nearly all my life and these devs still havent got a clue it seems.

Without the geo filter i get matched up all over the world, which means 1 thing, the lobbies are not made based on ping, which as time has told us, high ping in lobbie gets the advantage.

Same BS we as gamers have been dealth with since multi player first came out. And to be honest im sick to death of it.

Congrats on the Duma crew for having the balls to try and fix the unfixable but until similar tech (to the duma) is built into the games im out.

Im not contributing to these devs/publishers retirment till its fixed properly, i hope you all to do the same but i understand if you dont, fps is addictive,

The truth might be that this is even the alpha version of the game. Beta testing could start when the game is being released.

Archived