Geo-Filtering Questions (for Destiny players mostly)

Wintercabin

Hey all!

Winter here and I have been using the Netduma for the last couple of days and so far I have seen a difference in the Destiny PvP environment, not a tremendous difference, but a noticeable difference.  I do enjoy the easy UI for the router but i am confused on how the Geo-filtering still puts people who are REALLY far away in my lobby.  I live in Kansas and they are putting people in Antarctica and Brazil in my lobby.  I have all the Destiny forum fine tuning suggestions marks checked on all my setting and filters.  I am using the Fast search method (2000 KM) and have tried strict mode but I can't hear my team members because it causes NAT issues.  Once strict mode is off then i can hear them (but that is another issue i will address later)

I am also confused on the Handle naming option and all the numbers by it. I am also confused on the Allow and Deny feature at the bottom after the handle option.   It seems to be different after the manual upgrade or something.     I hope this is clear enough to get some help :)

The reason the Netduma is allowing others from far away to connect to the server is Activision's less than optimal match making, and not a Netduma issue at all even if strict mode is enabled, or not. It's the same thing with Call of Duty, except in reverse: We can optimize the connection our end so the match making doesn't put us on a dedicated server, or host that is on the other side of the country, or the world. However, the Netduma can't control who else connects to said servers, or hosts. 

Side note: We are in a new-era compared to just ten years ago. Everybody is online, from businesses, schools, private institutions, etc. Anybody who can afford some type of online presence is now active across the globe. This is one big reason why internet congestion can be felt more readily in the form of latency a.k.a. lag. Online gaming is a huge part of this, obviously. Everybody games with everybody online. This includes mobile phone games, not just AAA PC or console games. So, the internet infrastructure is being saturated beyond a point it wasn't meant for and why countries like the U.S. are scrambling to catch up to other countries as far as digital bandwidth and availability is concerned.

• Administrators

Have you ensured youve ticked auto cloud/bleeding edge cloud and applied. Antarctica is definitely a mislocated host, Brazil also could be one, I'd recommend pinging them and seeing what the ping is. From this you can judge their location and if they're low they're definitely mislocated in which case you can give us the IDs so we can correct it in this thread http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1723-cloud-incorrect-locations/page-5

The handle is where you can just give the host a name such as 'bad host' or 'good host' or if its your friend 'John' etc. Then you can drag the rating bar, a low rating will block them and put them in the red section in deny & allow and a high rating will be put in the green area in deny & allow. Just press update to apply this.

Archived