easier to find offensive pings

i have been seeing a LOT of 600ms+++ ping players lately, sometimes like 1200ms [thats 1.2 SECONDS] in lobbies on the ping bar but for the life of me cant find them on the map to rate them. wish there was an easier way to track them down, maybe a different icon for any pings over a certain threshold that you can set.

• Netduma Staff

i have been seeing a LOT of 600ms+++ ping players lately, sometimes like 1200ms [thats 1.2 SECONDS] in lobbies on the ping bar but for the life of me cant find them on the map to rate them. wish there was an easier way to track them down, maybe a different icon for any pings over a certain threshold that you can set.

There is going to be a way to match the ping graph to the circle on the GeoFilter or at least be able to click on it and get the host descriptor box. You can find it here on the ticket system :)

Has this been on dedicated servers or player servers?   If it's on dedicated, you'll still see those guys come in, but i don't think it matters if you rate them or not as they're not host.  I could be wrong on this, but think that's how it is.

Think p2p, was happening all night on MW3 tonight. It just shows how bad people's connections are and how they adversely affect the whole lobby. Not saying they were host... But would like to still blacklist those players.

Think p2p, was happening all night on MW3 tonight. It just shows how bad people's connections are and how they adversely affect the whole lobby. Not saying they were host... But would like to still blacklist those players.

I can understand that.  I had the same experience a few nights ago in both MW3 and OP2.  I had a nice small size geo and the Duma was definitely doing it's job with picking host and still probably 3/4's of the room were coming in with poor internet.  Was a bad night for sure.  We can only block bad host though, not bad people connecting to our host.  With lower player counts in CoD, I think we're just gonna have nights like that as much of a pain as it can be.  Hopefully when the new game comes out, player count will rise and we won't see it as much again for some time.

It's every title though, ghosts is doing it, AW, BO2, even BO1 had similar pings. Do people really have such poor ping times? Or is it a bug in the ping plot?

That really was my exact same experience the other day.  Went through all of the CoD's and terrible pings.  I thought maybe it was me so did a system diagnostic and everything was great.  I think some people just have truly terrible connections.  Why they decided to all pop up these past few days is a mystery. 

Yeah I agree I'm sure we all would be amazed at how bad some people's connections are if we actually saw them and what else is going on (internet usage wise) in their home while they game.

Lots of people still have DSL and have 3-5 devices going at a time,netflix,youtube,Iphone's etc... all the while somebody is trying to game  without a duma with 3/1 so it's gonna destroy the gameplay in that lobby.

One of my friends actually has those speeds and I game with him all the time.And he has lots of other things going on in his house internet usage wise the duma,I believe saved him from breaking every computer,phone and tablet in his house... ;)

Archived