NEW R3 FIRMWARE - DumaOS 4.0.290

35 minutes ago, MJVH24 said:

See I have the Geofilter on... and it connects to a server in SanJose California... I mean really? C'mon software sucks! I was duped! IF it connected to a server outside the Geofilter once and a while, I wouldn't care... but it never connects to a server inside the Geofilter! Where YOUR own Ping Heatmap clearer shows and says that CHICAGO IS THE best server for me but it never has connected to it!!!! Not once! 

Turn geo latency off.

• Administrators
On 10/9/2024 at 1:53 AM, bmoreirap said:

Pardon our mess

We have detected that some features may not have loaded correctly. You might encounter issues while interacting with DumaOS, but you can still try to use the interface. Do you want to continue to access DumaOS?

If you click to continue access does that work?

On 10/9/2024 at 4:51 AM, Alias 1aB said:

did the update through the UPDATE AVAILABLE prompt in Duma OS. Factory reset through Duma OS. Everything went smooth. Still does not detect proper 1 Gb fiber connection but not too concerned there. I set it to 900 Mbps both up and down. Ping optimizer still does exactly detect properly either, so I just manually set both down / up to 87% for congestion control with always on. Buffer bloat scores are A+. IPv6 showed up again on the Xbox after the factory reset. So far everything looks like everything is working fine.

I recommend to anyone updating the firmware to disconnect every other single device you have connected to the router except the PC. Every time I have done this, firmware updates go smoothly. When I have not, I have had to manual factory resets to get it working properly.

Good to hear thanks, Ping Optimiser is being overhauled so will be better and more reliable!

On 10/9/2024 at 2:51 PM, MJVH24 said:

See I have the Geofilter on... and it connects to a server in SanJose California... I mean really? C'mon software sucks! I was duped! IF it connected to a server outside the Geofilter once and a while, I wouldn't care... but it never connects to a server inside the Geofilter! Where YOUR own Ping Heatmap clearer shows and says that CHICAGO IS THE best server for me but it never has connected to it!!!! Not once! 

This picture is super blurry so hard to make out individual aspects but as above, most likely it's due to Geo-Latency, if you disable this does it then work?

I've disabled Geo-Latency does nothing still connects to the farthest servers... it's really troubling that your own software says what the best server is but never connects to it... that's BS and really mad I spent money on this! When I first installed this router it had a totally different Ui I could give different users and task priority levels with a number scale with 1000 being the best and it actually worked! Why you guys switched to this Ui that doesn't work and has less tweaking ability is beyond me! I never would of updated it if I only knew... you guys need to go back to that Ui... sometimes if it ain't broke don't fix it!

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, MJVH24 said:

I've disabled Geo-Latency does nothing still connects to the farthest servers... it's really troubling that your own software says what the best server is but never connects to it... that's BS and really mad I spent money on this! When I first installed this router it had a totally different Ui I could give different users and task priority levels with a number scale with 1000 being the best and it actually worked! Why you guys switched to this Ui that doesn't work and has less tweaking ability is beyond me! I never would of updated it if I only knew... you guys need to go back to that Ui... sometimes if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Can you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter settings please? - An actual screenshot though not a picture of the screen. Ping Heatmap provides pings to servers to inform your Geo-Filter settings, it's not any guarantee of what you can connect to. You still have that option, change to Advanced in SmartBOOST settings. You have a common issue that will be resolvable, all you need to do is troubleshoot with us and we'll get you there.

On 10/2/2024 at 9:20 AM, Netduma Jack B said:

Hi Everyone,

We've got a new firmware for you guys. This one is a relatively smaller changelog than the previous one as we're currently in the process of finalising a few new features that will be coming in the next firmware.

Changelog:

• COUNTRY SELECTOR
    • You can now set your Geo-Filter radius using countries through the custom Geo-Filter radius.
  • Geo-Filter 2.0 improvements
    • Improved reliability of getting games inside your radius
  • Memory usage improvements
    • Improvements made to fix issues with the UI not loading
  • Bugfix for SmartBOOST causing loss of total bandwidth speed over time.

You can install the firmware via Settings > Troubleshooting > Upload Firmware, and upload the file.

DumaOS-R3-4.0.290.sig

EDIT: We will be pushing this via the One click update over the next week or so

the by country biggest W

Thanks for helping me with my settings I went from 48ms to 32ms latency connection in game which is the best I can do from N. Michigan on a cable modem and without a 3rd party ap! Also, with now knowing of the ADVANCE settings for Smart boost my girlfriends Firestick and tablet gaming no longer interfere with my gaming connection. Awesome!!! Thanks again! Happy Happy Happy...

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, MJVH24 said:

Thanks for helping me with my settings I went from 48ms to 32ms latency connection in game which is the best I can do from N. Michigan on a cable modem and without a 3rd party ap! Also, with now knowing of the ADVANCE settings for Smart boost my girlfriends Firestick and tablet gaming no longer interfere with my gaming connection. Awesome!!! Thanks again! Happy Happy Happy...

Glad to hear you got it sorted, thanks for the update, if you're having an issue just ask as it's usually something easily resolvable and if not then it's something the team can work on fixing.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, the44goon said:

How do you update the app?

The router or the actual app? The app would be from the app store as you normally would for any app you download from there. For the router, either click the green icon bottom left of the interface or download the file from the first post in this topic, then access the interface go to Settings > Troubleshooting > Upload firmware and upload the file.

I have version 4.0.290 and I continue to have problems, the speed is limited to 100 Mbps, I have reset the router and put it back to factory settings and nothing, it continues with the same problem and it is limited 20 minutes after having reset it, I don't know what else to do.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Unst4ble said:

I have version 4.0.290 and I continue to have problems, the speed is limited to 100 Mbps, I have reset the router and put it back to factory settings and nothing, it continues with the same problem and it is limited 20 minutes after having reset it, I don't know what else to do.

What are your expected/paid for speeds and have you set them in the router? Are you using Congestion Control? Where are you testing the speeds and how, ethernet or WiFi?

9 hours ago, Unst4ble said:

Hi! Usually, a limitation to 100Mbps is linked to a problem with the RJ45 cable. (if you are wired) Have you tried with another cable or checked if it was properly inserted?

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What are your expected/paid for speeds and have you set them in the router? Are you using Congestion Control? Where are you testing the speeds and how, ethernet or WiFi?

1000 Mbps donwload / 40 Mbps Upload and yes I configured my speeds, I testing my speeds in speedtest.net, I use ethernet

10 hours ago, Fuzy said:

Hi! Usually, a limitation to 100Mbps is linked to a problem with the RJ45 cable. (if you are wired) Have you tried with another cable or checked if it was properly inserted?

Right now I'm using cat 6, can I try using another cable, it doesn't matter if it's cat 8?

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I do the speed test from my PC that is connected by Ethernet and I do it from my phone that is connected by WiFi and on both devices it shows me the limited speed, I did the speed test in the both devices on speedtest.net