NEW R3 FIRMWARE - DumaOS 4.0.290

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hang up in what sense, unable to access the interface? Do you have a browser based Adblocker enabled?

Yes, LEDs hanging, unable to get on UI, no Internet... No, i don't have an Desktop PC, just Smartphones and my PS5. It comes as always randomly, without heavy Traffic.

Btw.: It have still the Problem, that SmartBoost get active because i add "Gaming", but I don't habe anything running. In the App is Gaming "offline" as well. But the LEDs get instant to Boost Mode when it add Gaming...

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Rick- said:

With my PC, Browser Chrome

Do you know if you were connecting using HTTPS or HTTP?

16 minutes ago, modM84 said:

Yes, LEDs hanging, unable to get on UI, no Internet... No, i don't have an Desktop PC, just Smartphones and my PS5. It comes as always randomly, without heavy Traffic.

Btw.: It have still the Problem, that SmartBoost get active because i add "Gaming", but I don't habe anything running. In the App is Gaming "offline" as well. But the LEDs get instant to Boost Mode when it add Gaming...

What do you see via the app when you can't login exactly? There will be something triggering it - for example if you put the PS5 in a standby state that would do it

8 minutes ago, ExcellentZERO said:

I just did the firmware update and I cannot log into the router

What do you see when you try to login?

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Unst4ble said:

I continue to have problems with the smart boost my bandwidth decreases to 100 Mbps from 1 Gbps

Where are you testing the speeds? How long does that take to happen?

I have done several speed tests, the speed tests were done from the router itself and from speedtest.net, it is fixed when I restart the router but after 20 minutes it is limited to 100 Mbps again

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Unst4ble said:

I have done several speed tests, the speed tests were done from the router itself and from speedtest.net, it is fixed when I restart the router but after 20 minutes it is limited to 100 Mbps again

Just use speedtest.net for this, did you factory reset after the update?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you know if you were connecting using HTTPS or HTTP?

What do you see via the app when you can't login exactly? There will be something triggering it - for example if you put the PS5 in a standby state that would do it

What do you see when you try to login?

I will check next Time.

There is nothing in Standby. For example now: Actually just my Phone is online and the TV is running. In Smart Boost there are NO activities, but the get active when i add Gaming. 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20241005_095230.jpg

Screenshot_20241005_095321.jpg

6 minutes ago, LDZ said:

Hey @Netduma Fraserquick question why can't I reduce it less than 50% in C/C?

This has been asked, but between you and me what is the point for you in reducing your bandwidth below 50%?

17 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

This has been asked, but between you and me what is the point for you in reducing your bandwidth below 50%?

to achieve the best BB during activity and during inactivity to reach full speed without reducing it in speed.

Just to be sure...

You understand that reducing your bandwidth to 50% is already huge.

The bandwidth for online games is insignificant. (Smartboost prioritizes game packets)

Reducing it below that will prevent you from having the necessary speeds for your other devices....

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Wissen Sie, ob Sie die Verbindung über HTTPS oder HTTP hergestellt haben?

I dont know.. maybe HTTP

don't understand why v.0.236 version runs better than 0.290 .. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, modM84 said:

I will check next Time.

There is nothing in Standby. For example now: Actually just my Phone is online and the TV is running. In Smart Boost there are NO activities, but the get active when i add Gaming. 🤷‍♂️

Check Network Activity when it's happening to see if you can see which device is being used when that happens, then identify what that device is doing please and let us know.

10 hours ago, modM84 said:

And i have Problems with the Speed aswell... 100 from 1gb!

How long is it taking to reduce to that level?

4 hours ago, LDZ said:

Hey @Netduma Fraserquick question why can't I reduce it less than 50% in C/C?

To prevent people lowering their bandwidth too much that it causes issues but it has been requested to remove the limit so it'll likely be done in one of the next versions.

8 minutes ago, Rick- said:

I dont know.. maybe HTTP

don't understand why v.0.236 version runs better than 0.290 .. 

A lot of people have a favorite firmware that seems to work best for them, if that's yours no worries, we'll work on a new firmware, if you'd like Early Access to try the next one whenever it is released for testing let me know.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Check Network Activity when it's happening to see if you can see which device is being used when that happens, then identify what that device is doing please and let us know.

How long is it taking to reduce to that level?

To prevent people lowering their bandwidth too much that it causes issues but it has been requested to remove the limit so it'll likely be done in one of the next versions.

A lot of people have a favorite firmware that seems to work best for them, if that's yours no worries, we'll work on a new firmware, if you'd like Early Access to try the next one whenever it is released for testing let me know.

Update from now: Same Problem as before. No Internet, can't get on UI. In the mobile App i got the Message "connection Timeout"! 

In the Speedtest ist got max 100 via WLAN and it build up slow.

Now it's really bad... Over the UI i have 55 UL 915 DL

Screenshot_20241005_214414_Speedtest.jpg

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, modM84 said:

Update from now: Same Problem as before. No Internet, can't get on UI. In the mobile App i got the Message "connection Timeout"! 

In the Speedtest ist got max 100 via WLAN and it build up slow.

Now it's really bad... Over the UI i have 55 UL 915 DL

Are you definitely showing on this version in Settings? Are ALL devices connected to the router or are some connected upstream?

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just use speedtest.net for this, did you factory reset after the update?

I do the speed test from the router itself and from speedtest.net. I have not reset my router to factory settings, I think the problem will continue

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Unst4ble said:

I do the speed test from the router itself and from speedtest.net. I have not reset my router to factory settings, I think the problem will continue

This update was specifically supposed to fix that so if you could reset and then check please

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you definitely showing on this version in Settings? Are ALL devices connected to the router or are some connected upstream?

Sorry, my fault... last Update seems not work correctly, now i Update to 290. 🙏

What means connected upstream? Connection over Repeater?

I can confirm the new firmware does not fix speed reduction issues I have tested and  had to downgrade seems its only the upload that is the issue download for me is fine but upload its very very low My stanard speeds are 983MB D -  U 310MB Using duma software to run a speed test results 800MB D - U 30Mb .. If i do a speed test using speed net website i get my full results of speeds i get its only when i use the duma speed test i get the wrong results having this issues means i cant use ping opt due to upload will just state NA everytime due to not getting the full upload speeds am getting .. This also would indicate to what the issue is or causing it av disbled everything from smart boost to Geo nothing worked .. Downgraded to 285 got my full speeds back ..

On 02/10/2024 at 13:20, Netduma Jack B said:

Oi pessoal,

Temos um novo firmware para vocês. Este é um changelog relativamente menor do que o anterior, pois estamos atualmente no processo de finalizar alguns novos recursos que virão no próximo firmware.

Registro de alterações:

• SELETOR DE PAÍS
    • Agora você pode definir o raio do seu Geo-Filtro usando países por meio do raio do Geo-Filtro personalizado.
  • Melhorias no Geo-Filter 2.0
    • Maior confiabilidade para obter jogos dentro do seu raio
  • Melhorias no uso da memória
    • Melhorias feitas para corrigir problemas com a IU não carregando
  • Correção de bug no SmartBOOST que causava perda de velocidade total da largura de banda ao longo do tempo.

Você pode instalar o firmware em Configurações > Solução de problemas > Carregar firmware e carregar o arquivo.

DumaOS-R3-4.0.290.sig

EDIT: Estaremos enviando isso por meio da atualização de um clique na próxima semana ou assim

Essa atualização talvez tenha sido a pior até agora pois não melhorou nada pelo contrário ela diminui muito a conexão até. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, modM84 said:

Sorry, my fault... last Update seems not work correctly, now i Update to 290. 🙏

What means connected upstream? Connection over Repeater?

As in connected to your ISP modem/router

5 hours ago, Thorkay said:

I can confirm the new firmware does not fix speed reduction issues I have tested and  had to downgrade seems its only the upload that is the issue download for me is fine but upload its very very low My stanard speeds are 983MB D -  U 310MB Using duma software to run a speed test results 800MB D - U 30Mb .. If i do a speed test using speed net website i get my full results of speeds i get its only when i use the duma speed test i get the wrong results having this issues means i cant use ping opt due to upload will just state NA everytime due to not getting the full upload speeds am getting .. This also would indicate to what the issue is or causing it av disbled everything from smart boost to Geo nothing worked .. Downgraded to 285 got my full speeds back ..

The speedtest.net results would be correct and so it will not be limiting you. The in built speed test uses different servers and depending on when you do the test and which server it connects you to the results can be as expected or very off but it does not mean the router is limiting you, just enter your speeds manually. Enter your speeds in manually and Ping Optimizer use that as the basis for the test but I'd suggest just setting Congestion Control manually, we're overhauling Ping Optimizer currently to make it more reliable. 

4 hours ago, Rodolfo Lima said:

Essa atualização talvez tenha sido a pior até agora pois não melhorou nada pelo contrário ela diminui muito a conexão até. 

Could you expand on that please? We need actionable feedback otherwise we can't do anything to resolve it.